Chapter 10- Misdirection

"Minjoo, is that you on the TV?" Chaewon points as a commercial plays on one of the cafeteria screens.

"Agh, I wasn't told it was coming out today. Can you shut it off, please?" Minjoo replies in a surprised tone, embarrassed at seeing herself energetically showing off a bottle of water.

"How come? You look really cute here. I'd line up to buy that drink if I saw it now." The short-haired girl says with a chuckle.

"Yah, it's not funny. Besides, with all the talk about Jirisan recently, I don't want to think about that brand." Minjoo says, puffing her cheeks in protest. Sure, the money she'd be getting from this deal was good, but seeing everyone in the cafeteria glancing up to the TVs made her slightly regret it. "I should've looked for a cooler item to promote."

"I'm sure you'd look good with anything." Chaewon replies with a smile that causes Minjoo to blush. Even without all her memories, the older girl just always knew how to fluster Minjoo. The two then continued to pick out their food for breakfast in silence before finding an empty table to sit at.

"So, what's the plan from here? Chaeyeon-unnie and the others left already, right?" Chaewon asks before taking a bite of bacon.

"You two will be staying put. That's what your role is for now." A new voice interjects from behind. It was Eunbi and Hyewon holding their own trays of food.

"Huh? How come?" Minjoo asks confusedly while the two older girls take seats next to them.

"We didn't have time to mention it last night because it wasn't the main agenda, but we met up with Nayoung. She knows someone who can get your memories back." Eunbi says and at those words, a glint of hope appears in Minjoo's eyes.

"Wait, you mean, someone has powers that can do that?" The brunette asks. Chowon had shown up yesterday while everyone was on missions to attempt to fix Chaewon's mind like she did with Hyewon, but it didn't work. There were just too many memories that were buried.

"Yes, her name's Chungha, and she was part of I.O.I. She's still on her way back from the States though. Nayoung told us she'd arrive by tomorrow, so we need you two to stay here and wait." Eunbi says, having received that notification from Nayoung when she'd woken up that morning. Though, technically it was Hyewon who had to read it out to her.

"Thank goodness... you'll be back to your old self in no time, Chae!" Minjoo says cheerfully, just missing the unsure expression that flashed across the short-haired girl's face.

"When are we going to get you back to normal, unnie?" Hyewon then asks Eunbi.

"Hmm, what do you mean?" The older girl replies.

"Your eyes...?" Hyewon says, gesturing towards the blindfold Eunbi was still wearing despite knowing she wouldn't be able to see the action.

"Sakura's still the only one we know who can fix this. Besides, I think I'm getting used to it." Eunbi says just as she misses her mouth while trying to eat her breakfast.

"Yeah, you're practically a master now." Hyewon chuckles sarcastically before turning serious again. "You mentioned you had a plan though, right?"

"Mhm, it's going to be a fakeout. We have five escapees that we need to get back, and I have an idea on how to lure some of them to us." Eunbi says with a sly smile.

~~~~

Later that afternoon...

"We're in position, unnie." Yunjin comms from an alleyway next to KYB Science and Research.

"Good, just break in and use the decryption key to find out anything about Jirisan or any other lab. If you see the target though, they become the new objective." Eunbi radios back from the other side of the building with a hooded figure next to her.