Chapter 9- Puzzle Pieces

Where am I...?  Yuri thinks when she wakes up in a glass cell where she was strapped to a chair. The last thing she remembers was... Oh yeah... Him.

Back in the KYB Science and Research center, she'd been ambushed from behind by that anti-mutant lobbyist, Hunter Geun. He'd used her as leverage to get Yena to come along without a fight. Once they got in his van, they were both gassed, and it was all darkness from there.

Now that the popstar is awake, several scientists begin to walk over to her cell with notebooks in their hands.

Yuri wanted to shout at all of them to let her go, but only realized when she tried that her mouth was covered, the sound of her voice not projecting. It wasn't a normal piece of cloth that someone would usually use to gag someone either. It felt more like a mask. Though, the added weight told her that there was some mechanism attached to it.

"Subject Jo Yuri is awake. Vitals appear normal." One scientist says as she scribbles something on her notebook.

Yah, I'm talking to you! Yuri tried to say again with more force, but it was no use. What she did notice during this attempt was an orange light being emitted on the borders of her mask as she spoke.

"Soundwaves are revealing a hidden pitch layered over the subject's normal speaking voice. This might be what causes the hypnosis." The woman observes while looking at a computer screen next to her.

A hidden pitch? Is that how my power works? Yuri quiets down and thinks for a moment. She'd never actually considered how her powers worked. They kind of just did. It was something she could usually just turn on and off, but maybe there was a lot more to it than that. Before she could contemplate more though, an electric shock ran through the chair she was strapped to.

"Keep talking, Jo. We need more data." The scientist orders. "You are a very valuable asset to us right now."

Great... It's always nice being wanted. Yuri thinks sarcastically, now wide awake from the electric shock.

Where's Yena-unnie...

~~~~

Somewhere else within the hidden base, a blonde girl is firing off her own electric blasts into the cell containing her. She'd been trying to break her way out since she'd woken up earlier, but every time she'd shoot a bolt of electricity, the wall would simply absorb it, the borders emitting a yellow light at each attempt.

"I need to get to Yuri!" Yena shouts angrily. Though the scientists observing her knew they were protected on the outside, the duck's outbursts did give them jitters.

"I'm afraid you'll need to stay put, Ms. Choi. We still need your assistance with our plans." A man wearing a labcoat responds.

"Fascinating..." He mumbles as he reads a chart. "You're like an unlimited battery. You've been producing power for almost an hour, and yet your vitals have remained stable."

"Yeah! And I'm going to break out of here soon and let you know how it feels. How about that?" Yena replies.

"Oh, by all means, keep trying. Your energy is providing us with a much needed power source for our creations. You've charged them at a rate that even our highest voltage transmitters couldn't compete with. " At those words, Yena quiets down.

Their creations? The androids?" She thinks. It was only then that she realized that her attacks weren't just being absorbed and contained. They were being diverted somewhere else.

"Fine, I can wait then. You know my friends are coming to destroy this place soon, right?" Yena taunts, but to that, the scientist merely chuckles and pulls up a camera feed of another cell with a familiar woman in it.