Chapter 23- Extraction

"Beta squad, Charlie squad, this is Alpha. Are you in position?" Saerom asks through her comm device. With fifteen of them for the mission, it was decided that there would be three groups of five. Saerom's group consisted of herself, Jisun, Seoyeon, Kazuha and Yunjin.

"Beta squad, here." Hayoung confirms with Chaeyoung, Nagyung, Liz, and Rei standing behind her.

"Charlie squad, here." Gaeul says, her team being Eunchae, Leeseo, Jiheon and Jiwon.

"Alright, remember, this is a three-pronged infiltration. We all need to accomplish our objectives to succeed." Saerom says before motioning for her squad to push forward.

~~~~

"Yah, who are you?" The guard at the front entrance asks when Saerom's team shows up.

"I got some more mutants for you. They tried to escape campus." Saerom replies, showing her badge and pointing behind her to Yunjin and Kazuha in handcuffs, or at least, that's what Yunjin wanted the guard to think.

"Hmm, I don't remember getting any notification from HQ." The guard says back.

"That's because they didn't want any of the other mutants to intercept the signal. They sent us in discreetly." Seoyeon explains. She'd always been one of the better ones in the group at making up alibis. The guard considers this for a second before nodding his head and opening the gates.

"Let's make it quick then." He says, ushering them inside.

~~~~

"They're distracting the front gate, let's move." Hayoung whispers, leading her team to the west gate.

"It's locked, should I take out my lock pick? Nagyung asks.

"No need, I got this." Rei says before stretching her hand forward and willing the lock to break.

"Woah..." Is all Nagyung and Chaeyoung can reply with.

"No time to delay, we need to get to the security room." Hayoung chides, reminding them that Charlie squad couldn't make their move until they finished their objective. After looking around and seeing the coast was clear, the group rushes towards the main building.

~~~~

"So, how long has this place been running?" Saerom asks the guard to make small talk as they make their way through the hallways.

"Just finished last week. KYB helped fund this, you know? It's basically guaranteed to keep any mutant contained." He replies in a proud tone, as if this were something that should be celebrated.

"KYB, huh? Wouldn't that make this place a conflict of interest? Those videos on the news looked pretty shaky to me." Seoyeon says.

"Yeah, and those media members ate it all up!" The guard laughs, turning to look at Kazuha and Yunjin with a smug grin. "You monsters are finally getting put in your place."

"The only monsters here are you guys." Yunjin mutters back just loud enough for the man to hear.

"What'd you just say? I have half a mind to shoot you right here, or would you rather us hurt your friends instead?" The guard threatens, staring Yunjin down.

"Woah, woah, no need for hostilities here." Jisun interjects, getting between the two.

"What do you know? Have you ever been discriminated for something you were born with? You regular humans are all the same." Yunjin replies, tone as cold as ice. Jisun couldn't tell if she was acting, but if she was, she was doing a really good job at it.

"Never mind any of that. We're here at the cell block now. You can start yapping away once you're locked away." The man taunts, pointing at a metal door just ahead of them.