Chapter 15- Trust and Acceptance

"I can't believe there aren't any convenience stores near campus." Hyewon mutters as she steps out of Eunbi's car.

"Well, the place is in the middle of nowhere, and it's not like we want the drinks to be delivered to the cafeteria for someone to accidentally take. Besides, someone had to bring Chaewon and Minjoo to the city." The older girl replies after locking the vehicle. She and Hyewon had just arrived at a 7-Eleven to buy a couple bottles of Jirisan Spring Water after dropping off their two friends near a train station.

"Hopefully they already got it in stock." Hyewon says.

"Oh, I think they will." Eunbi says while pointing at an advertisement poster right next to the door with Minjoo on it showing off the water brand.

~~~~

The purchase was completed without much of a hitch. The two girls had entered, walked towards the aisle that had a row completely dedicated to the new product, and bought a twelve-pack of it. With still an hour to kill before having to go and fetch the two Kims, Eunbi considered heading over to their location directly, but was caught off guard when her phone began to ring.

"It's the Fromis girls." She says after getting Hyewon's attention and showing the caller ID.

"Answer it. I'll go and put the bottles in the car." Hyewon says before grabbing Eunbi's car keys from her pocket and heading off.

"Hello? Saerom-ssi?" Eunbi asks.

"Yes, it's been a few days. Sorry for the delay." Saerom replies.

"No, you're fine. What is it you have to report?" Eunbi hears the sounds of footsteps shuffling before Saerom speaks again.

"I don't have much time, so I'll get right to the chase. Hwang is sending the Fromis squad to KYB's main building tomorrow evening as security for an event. This could be your ticket in." She says quickly.

"Okay, okay. Go on?" Eunbi replies, not wanting any time to be wasted. She'd give her thoughts after Saerom was done.

"You can send a strike force in to do some investigating. Hayoung and I can give you an opening to sneak by. What do you think?"

"What exactly is this event? City police aren't usually called in for these kinds of things, right?" Eunbi asks curiously.

"Hwang wouldn't give me all the details, but a lot of high-profile guests are slated to show up. It appears the CEO has something he wants to unveil to politicians or investors." Saerom says before another voice, Hayoung's, interrupts to whisper something to her.

"He's coming. I have to go. Are you in?" Saerom eventually asks.

"Yeah, I think it's a good opportunity. I'll call you again to say what we came up with later tonight." Eunbi says before the call is dropped.

"So, how'd it go?" Hyewon asks when Eunbi arrives at the car.

"There's an event at KYB tomorrow, and we can use it to gain some more information. We can talk about it more when we get back." The older girl says, head already spinning thinking of the possibilities.

"Well, you did say we had to check that place out eventually." Hyewon says while opening a bag of chips she'd bought in the convenience store earlier.

"I just hope we have enough time to come up with a good plan." Eunbi replies, and with that, the two begin driving to their rendezvous point with Chaewon and Minjoo.

~~~~

"Ugh, all this sitting around is killing me. Why can't we just go and raid KYB right now?" Yena whines between bites of her lunch.