Chapter 4- Chaos Theory

Like the PD campus, JYP's school for mutants was located in a dense forest area on the outskirts of Seoul. Unlike the former institution though, people were aware of where it was located. It had been a safe haven for mutants in the country for a while before more facilities were created, so to hear that someone was crazy enough to attack the place made Chaeyeon worry. There were some very strong trainees there after all.

The feather girl had been running nonstop for about ten minutes, blowing by crowds of people and speeding cars on the way over. Given that PD campus and JYP were across town from each other, she was making good time. Eventually, the concrete city blurring by her as she ran began being replaced by green plants and trees which indicated that she was almost there.

"Okay, this should be it." Chaeyeon thinks, coming to a complete stop to where the school's gates were only to find that they'd been broken open.

"Oh god..." The courtyard that was always well-maintained and beautiful was a mess of rubble and potholes. Scattered around were many unconscious students who had tried to fight off the attack. Chaeyeon wanted to check on them one by one, but the sound of explosions coming from the garden behind the main building caught her attention. There were still people holding on.

When she zips on over, that's when she sees a group of students standing around a large birch tree in the center of the garden. It was a mix of guys and girls, and they were surrounded by six androids.

"Chaeryeong!" The older Lee yells, recognizing her sister's face from afar, battered and bruised from the fight. The younger girl looks over in surprise seeing her sister standing there all alone.

"Yah! Tin cans, over here!" Chaeyeon shouts to get the androids' attention. One of them turns at the sound of a new target and fires an energy blast right at her. The feather girl easily dodges the attacks, running in a zigzag pattern towards the robot. Once she's close enough, she increases her speed even further and runs around the birch tree to form a tornado with the students in the eye of it. The wind wall was enough to push all the robots off their feet and create some distance between them.

"Chaeyeon, good to see you." Yeji says with a nod, grateful that someone had come to help them out.

"Who is this?" One of the guys asks with a deep voice, mist emitting from his hands defensively.

"Chill out, Felix. She's from PD campus to help." Yeji replies.

"Yes, I'm Lee Chaeyeon. Chaeryeong's sister. I came with some advice on how to beat these robots." The feather girl says as the androids begin to get up again and set up for another attack.

"Guys, cover us so Chaeyeon can have time to explain." Ryujin yells as she jumps out of the way of another energy ray. She'd tried her best to fight these things, but with how solid their armor was, she couldn't do any damage. Her fists were already bleeding from the effort.

One of the guys, Changbin, nods and creates a force bubble to shield the girls while the others launch a counterattack. Just like before though, every time an arm or leg would get separated, they'd just magnetize back to the robot.

"The soft spot is located at the upper right of the androids' backs. You gotta hit it precisely." Chaeyeon says as another student is thrown past them.

"Alright, everyone, distract the robots. Get me, Chan, and Felix open shots!" Yeji orders. Chaeryeong and Chaeyeon nod to each other before dashing towards the androids and spinning around them to get them facing away. ITZY's leader blasts a fire beam right at the area Chaeyeon had mentioned and unlike before where her attacks didn't seem to affect the machine, a hole is now burned right into it. The android's eyes go dim as it falls to the ground.