Chapter 3- Inside the War Room

As they usually did, Yuri and Minjoo had the taxi drop them off at a bus stop near the campus' hidden entrance. Of course, the driver was curious why two young women were asking to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere, but since they offered to pay extra, he decided not to pry.

"It's been a while since I've been back." Minjoo realizes. Since her movie debut in 'The Fault is not Yours', she'd seen a spike in schedule requests which made it very difficult to have any free time.

"Well, there have certainly been upgrades since you've been gone." Yuri says. Once she was sure the taxi driver was out of sight, she motions to start making their way in.

Stepping through the campus' camouflage shield always felt like entering a new world. From the outside it would just look like your regular forest, but once inside, the wide dorm buildings and gym quickly became visible in the distance.

"I assume you know how to ride a bike, right?" The hamster asks Minjoo, gesturing towards the rack of two-wheeled cycles at the base of the entrance. Eunbi had Seunggi order some a couple months ago realizing it could work as both a workout and timesaver instead of constantly having to walk the kilometer over to the main campus.

"Uh, are there none with training wheels?" The dark-haired girl asks back nervously which causes Yuri to shake her head.

"Really? Well I guess you could ride the two-seater with me." Yuri says with a chuckle.

"Ugh, what if Chaewon-unnie sees me though." Minjoo replies in an embarrassed tone.

"Fine, I guess you're walking, Make sure to explain why I got to the meeting room first though." The pop star teases.

"Agh fine, fine. I'll go with you. Just don't tell the others." The actress finally relents. Yuri gets on the larger bike and pats the seat behind her.

"Your chariot awaits, Minjoo~" With a sigh, the aforementioned girl hops on and the two ride to campus.

~~~~

"Hi, girls! Sorry we're late. Minjoo here had a schedule." Yuri greets the others as she and Minjoo walk in.

"See! I told you they'd arrive first! Where's my money?" Wonyoung says to Yujin, making the hamster realize that her girlfriend and her passengers were still missing.

"Of course the two girls we need are the last ones..." Eunbi says with a facepalm.

"Maybe we should've just told them to take the train." Hyewon replies before massaging the older girl's stressed shoulders.

Eunbi looks around the room to observe her friends. Yujin was handing over some cash to Wonyoung for losing the bet with Yuri laughing at the whole ordeal. Minjoo had walked over to Chaewon to catch up, mostly talking about the younger girl's new movie. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon seemed to be discussing something with Sakura who had been rather quiet since she'd entered. Eunbi knew the reason, but she wanted to wait till everyone was gathered before mentioning it. Just as IZ*ONE's leader was about to give Yena a call, she began to hear footsteps running towards the war room.

"Sorry we're late!" A duck says as she bursts into the room with their two Japanese friends, Nako and Hitomi, behind her.

"I was trying to get back fast and just went half a kilometer over the speed limit. Can't the police just give us a break once in a while?" Yena says apologetically.

"Wait, it actually happened?" Hyewon asks before looking at Chaeyeon who had begun laughing.

"We should've made a bet on that too!" The feather girl says, remembering the older girl's joke from earlier.