Chapter 24- Final Approach

"Is that it?" Yena asks, pointing at a ferry boat that was beginning to take in passengers.

"Yeah, you all have your tickets, right?" Eunbi then asks the rest of the group who nod. After dinner, Eunbi had contacted Seunggi about their need for transport, and he managed to hook them up with a set of tickets. The only downside was that they had to wait until morning to get on. Having the twelve of them sleep in the bus was not exactly the most comfortable experience.

"Make sure to wear your masks, okay? We can't afford for them to recognize us." Chaeyeon reminds everyone.

Once they all finished double checking their things, they step out onto the docks and begin lining up to board. As they got closer though, Eunbi noticed something worrying.

"They're looking for our faces." She whispers, seeing one of the ticket inspectors holding a board with the group's pictures on them.

"Don't worry, unnie. I have a plan." Yujin replies just as they get to the front of the line.

"Good morning, miss. Apologies, but may I ask you to remove your mask? We've been notified that there are some fugitives on the loose that we have to watch out for." The ticket inspector says.

"Ah, you see, I have a bit of a cold right now. It might be contagious." Eunbi says quickly. The woman was persistent though.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but we've been given strict orders to-" Before she could finish her sentence a large wave crashes into the dock and drenches everyone. When Eunbi looks back, she can just make out Yujin's mischievous smile.

"Ugh, didn't the forecast say calm seas today?" The woman says exasperatedly. "You can all go in. Just show me your tickets."

~~~~

"Yah, Yujin-ah, a little warning next time?" Yena complains while Yuri pointed a hairdryer at her. The twelve girls were now gathered in one of two rooms that Seunggi had reserved for them.

"Yeah, we don't even have any extra clothes. At least you're waterproof." Chaewon adds.

"Would you have rather gotten caught and arrested again? You should be thanking me!" Yujin replies with a laugh.

"Thank you???" The two girls say incredulously.

"You're welcome." The puppy replies, grinning ear to ear. Just before Yena and Chaewon can pile on Yujin, the sound of their leader clearing her throat grabbed their attention.

"This isn't the time for arguing girls. We're on the boat now and that's all that matters. It's going to be a long ride, so just make yourselves comfortable." Eunbi says while drying her own hair.

"No kidding, three and a half hours, right? We should finalize our plans while waiting. We don't even know where exactly the base is on the island." Sakura mumbles, looking through a laptop Jiheon had lent her for research on Ulleung Island.

"From what Jurina said, it's somewhere near the center of the island, so it'll probably be easy to track from there." Hitomi replies.

"Alright, we can start strategizing with that in mind. Those who want to join the plan meeting can stay. If you want to rest, you can sleep in the other room or take a walk around the boat. Just make sure to meet back here when the captain says we're close to arriving." Eunbi says and with that, the group disperses.

~~~~

"There you are! I was wondering where you wandered off to." Wonyoung calls out to the figure leaning on the ship's railings.

"Heh, I guess I got tired of Yena-unnie's snoring." Yujin replies with a chuckle, continuing to gaze out into the ocean. Wonyoung smiles and walks up closer to her girlfriend.