Chapter 12- Recovery

"Alright, Miyawaki. Have you finally finished your revisions?" Dr. Han asks as she peers into the room they'd locked Sakura in.

"Yeah, I hope everything will be to your liking." Sakura replies sarcastically as the scientist approaches.

Okay, Kkura. You have one shot at this. She thinks to herself, eyeing the USB Dr. Han was holding. She hadn't tried it before, but now was as good a time as any to do so.

"Hands behind your back." The scientist reminds while making a show of the button she had in her other hand that could electrocuted Sakura at a moment's notice.

Dr. Han leans down to plug the USB. Once she does, she faces the monitor and begins dragging the files over. Sakura waits a couple seconds, letting her target build a false sense of security before making her move.

The Japanese girl suddenly kicks her leg out, striking the scientist in the ribs and dislodging her control remote, which falls next to the PC. Both women dive for it, but Dr. Han manages to get to it first and press the button. Sakura is quickly stunned and falls to the ground.

"Yah, did you really think it'd be that easy? Weren't you supposed to be the smart one?" Dr. Han says with a sneer on her face. "As if you would've gotten that far. You won't be getting out of here for a long time."

Sakura lays on the floor, staring as the scientist pulls out the USB from the PC and walks away. What Dr. Han doesn't notice is the triumphant smirk on the Japanese girl's face as the door is shut.

Got it... When they both dove on the floor, Sakura's target hadn't been the remote. She knew she wouldn't be able to just get out on her own without being caught. Instead, in the confusion, she'd reached over to the USB and planted a bit of her consciousness in it.

After a couple minutes, a part of her senses the flash drive being plugged into another computer. When she closes her eyes, she's able to see everything within said computer- files, schematics, you name it.

So I'm located within Chuncheon Robotics. That isn't that far. Sakura thinks to herself after checking her location. She then begins forming an inconspicuous message to send to Eunbi. Once she sends it though, the computer begins to flash warnings.

Okay, their cybersecurity is pretty strong. I'm going to need to come back later when the others get me out. She thinks. Sakura would need her full consciousness there to be able to bypass everything, not just a fraction of it. At the very least, she managed to get a message out, and now it was up to Eunbi and the others to get her out of here.

~~~~

"Is that so? We'll send a new transport for you tomorrow then. I'm just glad Yujin's okay. Keep the others safe, okay Chaeyeon? We'll get Sakura and the others back safe and sound." Eunbi says before putting down the phone.

"Are they okay?" Hyewon asks from across the table. The two had been planning their next move to Chuncheon after receiving Sakura's coded message when their phone had rang, Chaeyeon on the other side.

"Yeah, Yujin's a bit wounded, but she'll live. The problem was that the guards of Jirisan park were connected to KYB. They managed to track down the girls' transport and have it towed away for 'illegal parking'. We won't be able to send them a new transport until tomorrow morning, so they're going to have to hold out in the meantime." Eunbi reports.

"I guess that means they won't be back in time to help us at Chuncheon?" The leader glumly shakes her head at her girlfriend's followup.

"At least Nayoung's friend will get here tomorrow morning. Hopefully she can help fix Chaewon." And with that, the two go back to planning the mission.