Chapter 19- Close Calls

The second Chaeyeon heard that humming tune, her senses dulled. Her vision was blurry, and the sound of Yuri's voice was unintelligible, as if she were underwater. She can feel herself moving forward towards the door even if she didn't want to do it.

From Yuri's perspective, she was panicking. She could see the masked singer was right outside the door with a pistol in hand through the cameras. Her voice had saved Yena from being hypnotized before, but it wasn't working this time around. Instead, she decides to turn to Sakura who was still asleep.

"Kkura-unnie! Wake up! Chaeyeon's in trouble!" She shouts in the Japanese girl's ear. Compared to her efforts from earlier, these words seemed to do the trick as Sakura's eyes opened immediately.

"W-what happened? I remember hearing a song..." She says, feeling a bit light-headed.

"Chaeyeon's under Yoo Eun-kyung's spell. We have to snap her out of it." Yuri says before running towards the aforementioned girl and blocking her path only to be knocked to the side in a flash.

Sakura's brain begins moving a hundred miles a second until she gets an idea. The Japanese girl places her hands on Chaeyeon's head and links their minds together.

"Chaeyeon-ah! Where are you?" Sakura whispers through the connection. Usually when their minds were connected, Sakura would be able to read Chaeyeon's thoughts, but this time, it felt empty in there. There were no thoughts going on in the younger girl's head as she walked forward like a mindless zombie.

In Chaeyeon's head, through the sound of music, a familiar voice begins to seep into her mind. The cloudiness in her thoughts began to clear.

"Kkura...?" She mumbles, her hand now on the door handle.

"Yes, you gotta get your head back in the game. Please wake up." Sakura pleads. It appeared to be too late though as Chaeyeon had already opened the door, revealing the masked singer with her gun aimed right at her.

Eun-kyung smiles and clicks the trigger, but at the very last second, Chaeyeon dodges the shot.

"What..." Before she could speak again, Chaeyeon attacks, striking her with a punch right towards her jaw.

"Sorry, girls... I don't know what came over me." Chaeyeon says, grabbing at her head now.

"You were hypnotized. Don't worry about it." Yuri says while getting up and dusting herself off.

"We need to find Yena-unnie. Tie her up, and let's go." She then says, pointing at Eun-kyung who was still knocked out on the ground.

~~~~

10 minutes ago...

"Still nothing..." Yena mumbles to herself as she tiptoes around the corridors. With all the lights turned off and her being alone, the atmosphere started to feel just a bit creepy.

"Hayoung? You there?" She then asks into the darkness before a sudden movement from behind catches her attention. When she turned though, no one was there.

"Yah, who's there?" Yena asks again, charging her hands with electricity. Someone or something was scurrying around the hallways, and Yena was getting antsy. Still, there was no response.

"Alright then, Have it your way." The duck then places her hands on the closest wall plug to turn on all the lights. As she does though, Yena hears the sound of a figure rushing towards her. Feigning ignorance, she waits a bit longer and turns just in time to smack her attacker in the chest with a thunder punch. This causes all the lights to flicker and reveal the figure for momentarily.

"Seoyoung?" Yena realizes when she sees a familiar metal-bladed arm.

"It's been a while..." The aforementioned girl whispers, eyes full of rage.