Frauds

As the group reunited with everyone else, they all ran up to "Kathrine" and "Jimmy". "Omg, Jimmy and Kathrine, are you okay? No scratches or anything?" Pearl asked, rushing up to the two and looking at every inch of their bodies to make sure they were unhurt. And everyone else also came up and gathered around "Jimmy and Kathrine", making sure they were okay. But little did they know Xornoth was inside their bodies, and he was enjoying the charade as he watched everyone's confusion and concern.  While everyone was talking to "Jimny and Kathrine", Pix was with Gem. "Hey, Gem, something's off about them," Pix whispered to Gem. He felt an aura coming off of them and it wasn't a good one. "Yeah... When did Jimmy get his codfather head back and Kathrine never wears that crown, only for important occasions. Something definitely isn't right here." Gem replied back, feeling suspicious and wary of the situation. They sensed that something was off, but they couldn't put their fingers on it just yet. "Let's keep an eye on them, but for now, let's ask about the plants and the flood," Pix said. "Yeah, you're right," Gem agreed, looking at both of them carefully. She knew there was something wrong, but she couldn't put her finger on it. "Hey, Jim and Kath?" Gem yelled from behind the group, slowly moving forward towards them. "Where were you guys when everything was happening?" She wanted to find out what they knew, and whether or not they could trust what "Jimny and Kathrine" were saying. "Oh, I was following Kathrine because she wanted to show me something," "Jimmy" replied. "Then, we felt the ground shake and ran to find you guys, and saw the building collapsed." They were acting a bit too suspicious, like they knew more than they were letting on. Could they be trusted? Gem wasn't sure, and she was getting a feeling that something was off. She just couldn't put her finger on what exactly it was though. "Okay, how about the plants and the flooding?" Gem asked, looking at the two teens suspiciously. "Kathrine, you're the only person that could do something like that," she continued. "And, Jimmy, you're the only other person, besides Lizzie, who can control water. How does that work?" This seemed like a good question, as Gem had just mentioned. How could Kathrine explain the plants and the flooding, as well as how both of them weren't there when it happened? They needed to answer this in a manner that made sense. "Uh, well. Uh... It's not us. We didn't do anything like that at all." "Jim" replied back clearly panicking. "Yeah it wasn't us! How could we have done something like that?" "Kathrine" replied in panic. "We didn't do anything like plant planets and make the building collapse and fill everything with water! We weren't even there when that happened!" "We're telling you, it's not us," "Jim" repeated, even more panicked than last time. "Of course not," "Kathrine" replied back, "Who could do something like this? It's ridiculous! We were nowhere near there." They seemed really panicked and their story didn't make sense. They were trying to shift the blame off of themselves and onto someone else, even though they knew that they were responsible. And they couldn't keep their story straight, either. Gem tried to make sense of the situation, to find the truth. "Come on, Gem," Lizzie cut into their conversation, "They didn't do it. How about we worry about your empire first, and then we can discuss this!" "Jim" and "Kath" breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness Lizzie came to their rescue. Gem apologised, not really meaning it, but Lizzie was oblivious to this fact and believed that they weren't involved in any way. She was ready to move on to discussing the empire and put the whole thing behind them. But was that really wise, or were they hiding something? "Gem, can't you use your magic to rebuild the school?" Joey asked. "Sorry, Joey, I've already used up most of my magic today. I might get a burn out," Gem replied. "But maybe tomorrow I can try, but for now, let's try to find somewhere to stay!" Everyone thought for a moment and considered the options. "The closest empire to me is fWhips," Gem said, "but there's a giant crater inside it because of the explosion." "Scott! How bad is the corruption in Riverdale?" Gem asked, realising that Scott's empire was close to her as well. Maybe they would be able to take shelter there too. "We can take shelter in the church!" Scott suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement. They knew that the church could provide them with a safe place to stay for a while until they figured out what to do next. In the meantime, they were just glad to have a place to rest their heads and a place to feel safer for a moment.  Scott suggested that they should fly to Riverdale first to see the damage and then fly back. When he asked Joey, Grian, and "Kathrine" to come along with him, since they were the only ones with wings that were intact, "Kathrine" saw an opportunity to hurt Scott and immediately said, "Yeah sure, Scott, I'll come with you!" Grian said, "Sorry, Scott, I'm gonna look after everyone if that's okay with you!" And Joey said, "I'll come, I guess, but if I find something I like, I will take it!"