Grian

The morning after the incident, Joel and Lizzie slept in Jimmy's room, where Jimmy had to remain in order to heal. Lizzie couldn't bear to leave Jimmy alone and convinced Joel to also stay. The next morning, Gem entered the room and was shocked to find Joel and Lizzie asleep leaning on each other on the couch and Jimmy sleeping on his bed. This scene caught Gem by surprise. Gem went over to where Joel and Lizzie were still half asleep and gently shook them awake. "Morning guys!" she said calmly. Lizzie rubbed her eyes and sat up with a look of seriousness on her face. "Gem can we talk it's important... It's about Xornoth" she said, hoping that Gem would be able to understand the danger to everyone at this point. Gem saw the scars and dried blood covering both Joel and Lizzie, and realised how rough the previous night must have been. She had been unaware of how severe the situation had gotten and felt concerned for both Joel and Lizzie. "Oh-" she sighed. "Okay but let's get you both cleaned up." 

As Gem worked through getting bandages for both Joel and Lizzie, Jimmy finally woke up and stretched. He was feeling a bit more rested, but still somewhat drowsy. "Hey Gem..." he trailed off with a slight yawn. Gem glanced over at Jimmy once he had woken up and was checking how he was feeling. She was relieved to see that he seemed to be fine at this point, despite all they had been through the night before. "Morning Jim how are you feeling?" she asked, while continuing to work on Joel. "...I'm doing well thanks." Jimmy answered her, still trying to shake off some of the lingering exhaustion. He was still processing everything that had happened the night before and it was all still a bit overwhelming. 

Gem finished with Joel and Lizzie and sat down, exhausted but relieved. She was waiting to find out what Lizzie wanted to share with her. "So Lizzie..." she started, but was interrupted by Lizzie giving her an entire rundown of what had happened the night before. "Xornoth kidnapped me and threatened to kill me and possessed Joel and manipulated Jimmy and Joel to join him to make a portal for a different dimension..." she said. "Oh my goodness." Gem responded in disbelief and shock as she heard the horrific details of what had happened to Lizzie. She was feeling increasingly concerned for both Joel and Jimmy as she began realizing the full extent of the danger the group was now in because of Xornoth. "We have to do something," she said with growing urgency. "Grian is also in danger! Same with Pearl and Scott." Joel added, further reminiscing Gem of the extent of the threat and the vulnerability of their friends. She felt even more concerned as she realised that more people were now in danger. "We have to do something," she repeated with growing urgency and concern.  Jimmy continued to process the information and was feeling a growing sense of desperation. "I don't think we can Gem... If we don't help him he will kill everyone. He threatened to kill Lizzie!" He said, trying to convey the seriousness of the situation.  As Gem and Jimmy continued to argue about the situation, both were startled by the sudden interruption as Pearl, Grian, Scott, and Katherine entered the room. Pearl saw the looks of seriousness on their faces and the tension between them, and she immediately grew concerned. "What is all this arguing about!?" she asked, looking at Gem and Jimmy. As the argument continued, Jimmy realised that he needs to try and explain the situation to the rest of the group. "Well, go on Jimmy. Tell them." said Gem, in an angry tone. Grian, who was now a bit confused, looked at Jimmy, expecting him to begin explaining what was going on. "Grian..." Jimmy started, "you're not from this universe..."  "Jimmy? Are you making a joke?" Grian asked, completely shaken up by the information being shared that they weren't in their home universe. There was now confusion and uncertainty filling the air, which added to the existing tension and frustration. Lizzie explained in more detail what she meant, saying "You know when we found this place and everyone recognised me, Kath, Joel and Jim but no one knew who you were because you're not from this universe; you're from another one." Grian was now feeling even more confused and scared than before. "What am I then?" She asked. Lizzie repeated what they had been told by Xornoth, saying, "Xornoth said that you were a watcher, a god in the other universe." Scott's voice broke into the conversation as he responded with a question of his own: "What!? Xornoth was here!?" Jimmy was talking and trying to make sense of what had been happening but unable to actually look anyone in the eye. "Right before you left Xornoth came into my room and threatened to kill Liz and possessed Joel...and made me a portal to a different dimension." he said, trailing off and starting to panic as he couldn't even remember how he had ended up here and the confusion, shock, and panic was getting too much to deal with.. Scott's response added to the tension in the air, as it brought to everyone's attention that it was impossible to take action without the risk of their friends and loved ones being killed. Jimmy saw this and reacted with fear and anger. "Scott we can't! Or he'll kill all of us! Look at what he did to Lizzie and Joel when Joel tried to say no! He almost killed them both!" Jimmy cried, feeling totally helpless to do anything to stop this. Joel continued to talk, giving the group more information about what exactly they needed to do in order to bring in the portal. "Scott, Pearl, you're also in danger..." Joel said. "What?" Pearl replied, looking at Joel with worry and confusion. "Xornoth needs Scott, Jim, Pearl, Grian, and I to work the portal" Joel continued, sharing more details and trying to convey why they all had to play a part in the plan or else there would be catastrophic consequences. "So you're saying that if we don't join Xornoth we'd all get killed, but if we do, he will hurt the people in that universe?" Pearl echoed, expressing her annoyance and frustration with the whole situation. Grian apologised to the group, expressing his sympathy for the situation they were all in. "I'm so sorry," he said. "No Gria-" Lizzie was cut off mid-sentence as she rushed over and gave him a hug, attempting to make him feel better even a small amount. "It's not your fault" she said.