Gone

(This chapter may disturb some readers please skip to the next paragraph if you don't like gore and blood) 

"Jimmy" and "Katherine" moved slowly forward toward everyone, with a creepy and sinister smile. Red bloody vines wrapped around their bodies, and blood oozed out of their eyes and mouths. Their movements were inhuman and unnaturally stiff, and they stared at the group with dead eyes. It was as if the real Jimmy and Kathrine were no longer there, and something else was controlling their bodies. The vines reached out and wrapped around Lizzie, Scott, Pix, and Gem, and began trapping them in the vines as well. Lizzie cried out as she saw Jimmy and Kathrine approaching, looking not at her but past her. Suddenly, Fwhip used his sword to cut the vines off the group and they all started heading for the door, except Lizzie who sat there crying. She couldn't believe that her little brother and her friend would be the cause of so much suffering and fear. It was too much for her to handle. As Scott and the others tried to find a safe place to hide from the possessed Jimmy and Kathrine, they could hear the sound of Lizzie crying. "Lizzie! Come on!" Joel yelled, running towards her and trying to drag her to the door. But Lizzie did nothing but stare and cry at the awful sight of the possessed Jimmy and Kathrine, the vines creeping closer and closer towards them all. Just as the vines came back and began to capture Joel and Lizzie, Scott and Grian flew up and picked them up and flew to the door, saving the two from becoming part of the possessed group. Sausage and Pix rushed to close the giant church doors, as they left Katherine and Jimmy inside. But the two tried to open the doors, banging on them as they tried to escape. "Gem! We have to go now!" Pix yelled, leaning against the door with all his strength to keep it shut. It was clear that Katherine and Jimmy were determined to get out, and they didn't care what they needed to do to make it happen. This time, Pix and Sausage had to be careful, or else the possessed Jimmy and Katherine could get out and cause even more destruction. Gem quickly pulled out her spell book and her magic staff and casted a spell on all of them. As a purple and green mist circled around them, they were teleported back to Gem's empire. There, they were safe and sound, and far away from the horrors of the possessed Jimmy and Katherine. It was a relief to finally be in a place where they could feel secure and protected, and not have to worry about the unknown dangers that lurked in the world beyond. 

As the mist died down and the group looked around, they realized that they were now in Gem's empire. But they also noticed that Lizzie was on the ground, crying and shaking. They went over to her and saw that she was in a state of shock, and couldn't believe what they had just witnessed. She had seen her little brother and her best friend become possessed and try to attack her, and it was too much for her to handle. All Gem and the others could do was console Lizzie and try to help her through her trauma. Joel hugged Lizzie tightly, trying to calm her down. As she continued crying, water began forming around them. "Lizzie? Lizzie!" Gem yelled as the water swirled around them. Was this Lizzie's power? It seemed like she was so overcome with emotion that she was manifesting her tears in a strange way. Or was it something else completely? They would have to wait and see, and stay close to her to provide support and comfort until she was able to regain her composure. "Lizzie stop!" Pearl yelled when she saw Lizzie losing control of the water. But it was too late. The water dropped, making everyone wet and making Lizzie even more sad, which caused her to lose control again. What had happened at the church was definitely not normal, and it scared everyone because they didn't have any idea what Jimmy and Katherine might be capable of now. "Gem, what was that back at the church?" fWhip asked, still frightened by everything they had seen and experienced. "I-i don't know... But I think it has to do with Xornoth!" Gem replied, sounding just as confused and concerned as the others. Xornoth had caused havoc in the past and no one wanted to see it happen again. They needed to figure out what had happened and how they could stop it from happening again. But without more information, it was hard to know where to even begin. "Xornoth! That evil demon!" Scott screamed, still mad and frustrated. "How could he do this?" Shrub cried, also mad and upset. They both had so many questions, but so few answers when it came to Xornoth and the evil he had unleashed. They had to find a way to defeat him once and for all, and make sure he never caused any more harm to their world. But first, they needed to figure out how he had managed to possess Jimmy and Kathrine. Scott sat on the muddy ground and stared at it, his eyes full of tears, as he tried to make sense of everything that had happened. He felt overwhelmed and helpless, and he didn't know what to do next. Meanwhile, Shrub ran to Pearl and cried with her, also trying to make sense of the situation. The group felt shattered and heartbroken, and they couldn't believe that they had lost Jimmy and Kathrine to something so terrible and unexpected. They just had to hope that they could find a way to save them from Xornoth and his evil. "Gem, we have to do something!" Grian asked, still trying to find any bit of hope in this horrible time. "I don't know, Grian," Gem said, sounding worried and concerned. "We don't know what Xornoth's capable of, and he also has control of their powers, which are powerful!" It seemed like there was no easy solution to the problem they faced. They would have to come up with a plan to take down Xornoth and the possessed Jimmy and Kathrine, but they didn't know how to do that yet. "I'll start researching right away and see if i can find anything that could help us." Gem replied. "We can't just sit around and do nothing." They needed to take action, and fast. They couldn't let Xornoth and the possessed Jimmy and Kathrine get away with anything else. With Gem researching a possible solution, they hoped they could find a way to bring back their friends and save their world from the clutches of the demon and his evil plan. 

Hours had passed, and they still didn't have anything to show for their effort. It was already 4 pm and the group was at a loss as to how to stop Xornoth and the possessed Jimmy and Kathrine. But suddenly, a ray of hope appeared when Scott and Shrub had a potentially brilliant idea, and they rushed over to Pix and Pearl to share it. "Guys! Me and Shrub think we know a way to stop them!" Scott said, standing up and walking up to Pix and Pearl and Gem, with Shrub close behind. "Remember when we told you that Katherine and Jimmy were saying weird things to us while we were alone?" Scott continued. "Yeah?" Pix said, sounding confused. "Well we realised that they were looking and staring at something that was important to them. Like with Jimmy! Shurb held a poppy flower and that triggered something! Same with Katherine but with tulips!" Suddenly it all made sense to them. There had to be something at the church that was significant to Jimmy and Kathrine, something that Xornoth used to posses them. "What I'm saying is, if we can get Jimmy and Katherine to take back control for a few seconds, then all we need to do is take off Jim's cod father head and Katherine's crown!" Scott explained excitedly. "That could work!" Gem agreed. "But how do we get them back in control? And how do we know Jimmy's cod father head and Katherine's crown are what's causing it?" But the idea of being able to save their friends was very tempting. They just needed more information in order to be successful."Remember when we found Jim and Kath again? Katherine was wearing the crown and Jim was wearing the cod father head, and that's when they started acting different!" Scott explained. "So that must be where the source of the magic is! Also, Jim's cod head and Katherine's crown were destroyed 1000 years ago!" "But how would we get them back in control?" Pix asked. "The only way to find out is to try!" Gem said enthusiastically. "Come on, let's go find Jimmy and Kathrine!" "Wait, Gem!" fWhip yelled at them. "You guys are not going back." "Why?" Gem asked. "Number one, look at what you're wearing; you guys are going to get injured so easily," fWhip explained. "Number two, Jimmy and Katherine are powerful and you need to rest, Gem, and number three, you're not going alone; we also wanna help!" Gem and the others agreed. It was dangerous to face a situation like this on their own, and without proper planning. "Damn, fWhip, when did you get so smart?" Sausage teased, and the others laughed. But fWhip was right; they needed to prepare before taking on a demon. "And also guys, you don't have armor or weapons! You're also going against a demon, you know that right?" fWhip added, sounding concerned. "Oh, crap," Scott said, realizing the difficulty of the situation ahead. "I'll make it for you, but for now you needa rest!" fWhip replied.  As everyone decided to rest and sit down to plan their strategy for the upcoming battle, Lizzie, Grian, and Joel sat around, still thinking about Jimmy and Katherine. They were going to have to fight their own friends, people they had known for their whole lives. They were all scared and afraid, and they didn't know what to do. Pearl saw them all being sad and walked up to them. "Hey guys, how are you feeling?" she asked. Their moods seemed bleak and their morale was low, as the reality of their situation began to set in. "We've been better, but I think we're fine, I guess..." Joel said, looking at everyone's expression Lizzie, Grian and the others nodded, but didn't feel any better about it. They were still scared and worried about what would happen when they went up against Jimmy and Katherine, but they didn't have any other choice. They just had to find a way to bring back their friends and defeat Xornoth, which would be no easy task. "Come and sit with everyone else, we're all feeling a bit down but we'll get through it!" Pearl said, smiling at the group and trying to cheer them up. "Well join you guys in a minute!" Joel said, still smiling slightly. Despite being scared and worried, they knew that they had to stay strong and hopeful in order to have a chance at defeating Xornoth and getting their friends back. They all had to work together and stay determined, and with Pearl's encouragement, they felt a bit more hopeful about their task ahead. When Pearl walked off, the three sat there in silence until Lizzie started crying quietly into Joel's shoulder. "Oh Joel... Why did it have to be Jimmy and Katherine? Why couldn't it have been me..." she cried. "No babe, don't say that, no one deserves that," Joel said, hugging Lizzie tightly to comfort her. "Hey, I wanna be in this hug session too!" Grian said, walking up to the group and sitting in the middle of Joel and Lizzie, and hugging them both as well. "Come on guys, let's go to everyone else!" Joel said, standing up and helping Lizzie and Grian. They all walked over to the rest of the group and decided they were all going to head to bed now. It had been a long day, and they all needed some rest to recharge and prepare for the difficult task ahead. Hopefully, they would be able to come up with a plan that would allow them to save their friends and stop Xornoth. But for right now, sleep was the best option. 

(I want to say thank you for over 130+ reads I am so grateful for everyone that is enjoying this)