Control

As days passed and everyone slowly healed from their injuries and their mental health started to improve, Scott sat inside his room looking out of the balcony. The cold wind blew gently on his hair as he leaned his head down on the railing and thought about Jimmy. He couldn't stop thinking about him, and he wondered how he would feel if he knew how Scott truly felt. He was torn between telling Jimmy the truth or keeping it to himself. As the cold wind blew, Scott shivered a little and decided to seek some advice. As Scott got lost inside his head, someone knocked on his door. "Scott? You in there? It's me, Katherine!" She yelled from the other side of the door. Scott slowly walked up to the door and found Katherine holding a bunch of poppy flowers. "Hey Scott! I just came by to see how you're doing? Anyway, these are for you. Jimmy told me they're your favourite flowers!" Katherine smiled, as she watched surprised Scott take in the gesture. Scott carefully took the flowers from Katherine, touched each one of them, and smiled. His heart was racing and he felt his face blushing as he couldn't stop smiling at the thought of Jimmy. "Thanks Katherine... I needed this...," he said, trying to hide his face and his growing admiration for Jimmy. Katherine looked at Scott, noticing his growing feelings for Jimmy and also his attempt to hid them. She gently ruffled his hair and laughed. "You're welcome Scott!" she said, with a grin. Scott put the flowers down beside his bed and went back to Katherine. He thought about what he was going to say and then said suddenly. "Kath, how did you find out you had feelings for Shrub?" Katherine was surprised by the question and blushed, then realised why he was asking. She thought about how to answer his question, and she knew it would be revealing herself and her feelings for Shrub. But she couldn't lie to Scott, so she decided to tell him the truth. "For my whole life, I've never had a crush on anyone. No one had ever caught my attention until we found this castle..." Katherine began to explain to Scott, thinking back to her first days of meeting Shrub. As she continued her explanation she said, "...when I saw her for the first time, I thought she was mean by the way she acted at first, but after that she started showing her true self, she was funny, nice and honestly pretty cute. I didn't know what these feelings were... But I felt like I had known her my whole life." Katherine continued to explain how she had felt drawn to Shrub for some reason, like they had known each other for a long time. As she talked about her feelings, she realised that the feelings were quite strong and hard to ignore. She had always told herself that she didn't need anyone in her life, but now she was questioning that belief and feeling something that she had never felt before. She looked at Scott, debating with himself on whether or not she should tell him how she really felt. But her heart was telling her to take the risk and open up about her feelings. "But one day, we were by the pond and I couldn't fight my feelings anymore. When I looked at her, flowers would pop out of nowhere and I would just blush like crazy, and that's when I realised I liked her. That night, I cried to Jimmy about how I didn't know what these feelings were, and he helped me a lot," Katherine continued describing her feelings for Shrub and the way it had grown. She was glad that she was finally able to admit how she really felt and felt a sense of relief as well. Scott hugged Katherine tightly when she finished describing her feelings for Shrub and how they had grown. "Thank you Katherine... You really help me right now," Scott said, still a bit embarrassed to admit his feelings, but glad that he could talk to Katherine about it. Katherine laughed and playfully teased him. "When are you going to reveal your feelings to Cod boy?" She smiled, as Scott blushed again, embarrassed. But he couldn't deny how he really felt, and he knew he would also have to tell Jimmy how he felt sooner or later. "Come on Scott, let's go get breakfast! I'm sooo hungry!" Katherine complained, making Scott smile. 

As they both walked down to the kitchen, Shrub walked out of her room looking like she just woke up and she was still wearing her pyjamas. "Morning," Shrub yawned. Katherine blushed as she heard Shrub's voice, and she could feel her own feelings for Shrub beginning to take hold again. Shrub walked up to Katherine and gave her a good morning kiss, causing Katherine to blush even more. Katherine couldn't believe that she and Shrub were dating and she still couldn't believe that Shrub liked her back. "Well good morning to you too Shrub!" Scott said, sarcastically rolling his eyes and smiling at both of them. Katherine chuckled and playfully elbowed him. She still couldn't help but notice how her own feelings for Shrub were becoming stronger and stronger every day. As the three walked into the kitchen, they found everyone already eating their food. "Morning guys!" Pearl said, smiling at them as her mouth full of toast. As the three sat down, Gem started talking. "So guys, I was wondering if we could go back and try to get Jimmy..." Gem said, as she looked over at her brother with a worried look on her face. The last time they had gone after Jimmy they almost got killed. Fwhip rolled his eyes, and said, "Gem, you know what happened last time! We almost got killed!" "I know fWhip, I was there," Gem said, trying to keep her voice steady and calm even as her emotions were rising. "But we have to get Jimmy back before things get worse!" she yelled at him. Fwhip just rolled his eyes again, clearly disagreeing with Gem, and he said, "Gem, we barely escaped with our lives last time. Jimmy knows how to take care of himself. Don't make it sound like we're the only ones who can help him." "Fwhip, do you hear yourself right now?" Gem asked, as she raised her voice at him. "Yes, we are the only people that can save Jimmy! And we need to stop Xornoth too! Seeing what he did to Katherine doesn't make you worry about Jimmy?" she yelled back at him. "Let me remind you, Gem, me and past Jimmy were enemies! We had wars!" Fwhip yelled back at her, clearly not liking the way the conversation was going. "You became friends, fWhip!" Gem yelled back at him. "And look how that ended? My empire got blown up! And Xornoth got released!" Fwhip yelled in response. The argument continued to get more and more tense, as both of them shouted at each other. It seems that they had both been deeply affected by their experiences with Xornoth and Jimmy, and they were still trying to process it all. "Guys, stop!" Pearl cut in anxiously, worried about the escalating argument. "It's way too early in the morning for this," she said, trying to diffuse the tension. "And Fwhip, Gem's right, we have no choice but to save Jimmy. If we don't, he might die!" she said, looking at them both imploringly. Fwhip looked at both of them silently and went to eat his food without replying. His expression was hard to read, and neither of them knew what to think. He was clearly still processing everything that had happened, and he didn't seem ready to talk about it yet.