Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

We were all gathered at Robert and Helen's to celebrate Robert's birthday. Barney's family was there, along with my mom, Dale, and Tabby.

Raina asked, "Amanda, how long has it been since you had a girls' day out?"

"Not since – I believe it was six weeks before I joined this family."

"Elise and I are both due for one, and it sounds like you're overdue. We should plan one soon."

Elise asked, "How about next Saturday? We can meet-up someplace in town."

Raina asked, "Why don't we meet at your house? Amanda's staying there anyway, so it only makes sense."

"Let's meet there for breakfast, and figure out where to go from there."

Tabby asked, "What do you do on a girls' day out?"

Raina answered, "Whatever we want."

"I suppose I'm too young to go along?"

Elise asked, "What do you think, girls? Is Tabitha too young for a girls' day?"

I replied, "By the time I was her age, I'd been out on several. I have no objection to Tabby joining us."

Raina added, "I was her age when I went on my first. It's a rite of passage. I'm fine with Tabitha joining us."

Elise said, "Tabby, it's unanimous. You are hereby invited to experience your first girls' day out."

Josh stopped by Elise's, Saturday morning, on his way to work. Elise and I were waiting for Tabby and Raina to join us.

Josh asked, "Do you need some money for shopping today?"

"I could use enough to cover lunch for Tabby and I."

He took out his wallet, and removed a stack of bills.

"This should be enough. Let me know if you need to borrow any from Elise, or Raina, so I can get them paid back."

We kissed, and he left for work. I counted the money. It was two-hundred and fifty-three dollars.

"Josh, what am I going to do with you?"

Dale dropped off Tabby at nine o'clock. He hugged her, and kissed her on the cheek.

"Have a good time, and don't spend all your money in one place."

"I will. And I won't."

"Amanda, you keep her out of trouble. And don't wear her out. She and I still need to do our grocery shopping today."

I replied, "I'll have her home by five. Or ten at the latest."

"Oh, come on now. You girls behave yourselves."

Dale was backing out when Raina pulled up. She waited for him to leave, and pulled in.

Elise asked, "So girls, where shall we start?"

Raina replied, "How about the Trickle Creek Mall?"

I said, "That's one place I've never been."

Raina asked, "Really? Why not? I thought starlings love to shop."

"They do. They love little boutiques, and specialty shops. Really expensive places. Trickle Creek Mall is a status killer, because it's where grubbers shop. I just haven't had the opportunity to go there yet."

"So now's your chance. Allons-Y!"

Elise asked, "Since when do you speak French?"

"I picked it up from some British television show. It's on late in the evenings."