[REDSTONE] Secure in His Relationship

[Author's note: this is technically three different stories, but the last two were a little too short to post on their own. Since they all had the common theme of jealousy (or lack thereof), I decided to package them together. You'll know when one ends and the next one starts because they'll have individual title cards like my previous compilation work. Thank you!] 

[REDSTONE] Caught Red-Handed

Jules was humming as he walked down the hall, transporting his newly polished accessories to the sculpture studio. Once he realized what he was doing, though, he quickly stopped. He was silently embarrassed with himself. He had never been a big music guy before, but, well, it reminded him of Maxx. He was warming up to the art form. Although he still sucked at carrying a tune himself.

Step

Step

Step

Tell me why you run away, and tell me how do you sleep?

The song he had been humming, but this time it wasn't his voice. He lifted his head to locate where the music was coming from. It was drifting from an open classroom door, the lights inside warm and inviting.

Do you lie awake at night like you were stuck inside a dream

It was Maxx's voice, like a siren song calling Jules forward. He drifted towards the open door, poking his head inside expecting to say hi and smile at his boyfriend, maybe ask what he was doing here...

Of being Heart to Heart, ooh

Maxx was sitting criss-cross on a side table, holding his guitar but not playing it– he probably just thought it made him look cooler. The other boy he was with seemed to agree. Jules didn't recognize this boy– which wasn't that strange, he hardly left his bubble of sculpture and accessory design students– but he seemed quite comfortable with Maxx, leaning forward with his hands on the table on either side of Maxx, their faces altogether too close. Maxx had been looking down, but now he glanced up– the boy laughed softly, and Maxx grinned, glancing down again to the boy's lips–

When we were Heart to heart, ooh

The note slipped higher and quieter, falling off into silence as they both closed their eyes and leaned forward into a mutual kiss.

Jules felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. He gripped the front of his jacket, his chest hurt so much, his breaths came faster and louder. He hadn't meant to get the two's attention, but suddenly he had it. Maxx pushed the other boy away and got off the table, his hands raised in a gesture of peace. He had a stupid nervous grin on his face. "Jules. Jewel, gem, jujyfruit. This isn't what it looks like."

"Maxx? Who is that?" The other boy asked hesitantly, wringing his hands. The poor boy. He must not have known, he was an innocent in this. He had been tricked. Jules's face heated up as anger stirred within him, glaring at Maxx. How could he!?

Maxx's gaze flickered between the two of them. He rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets, blowing a hair out of his face. "Just a guy I went on a few dates with. It's not like we were official or anything."

"Not official!? I–" Jules was furious now– "I'm your BOYFRIEND!"

Maxx shifted uncomfortably. "I never said that. You got the wrong idea, that's all." The other boy looked uncertain, and took hold of Maxx's arm for comfort; this seemed to embolden him, and he kept talking. "I mean, you're no fun at all. Why would I ever chain myself to you when there are boys out there begging for me to post them, kiss them, write songs about them. You're such a bore... Get real. Get lost."