The Journey Home

Here's the next chapter........

Happy Holidays everyone and the reason why I say Happy Holidays is because every religion has holidays around this time, including pagans and the Jews.
I hope everyone has a good holiday week.
I'm turning 30 in January!
I plan on having cake.

Sesshomaru's pov is this chapter.....
===============================================

That night Sesshomaru watched over Tyra as she slept, making sure no demons would attack her, nor any demons sent by Naraku, since Naraku's scent is reeking of the air strongly, yet nobody could pin point where, it seemed as Sesshomaru had his nose guide him, yet everytime he was closer to finding where Naraku resided, the halfwit's scent would disappear, frustrating Sesshomaru to his dismay.

Sesshomaru sat against a tree, him leaning against it, his swords resting against the other side of the tree, and A-un let Tyra rest against him, the dragon two headed demon had his heads resting against her small body to keep her warm.
Sesshomaru had also retrieved a fur blanket for her when she slept, since it was turning into the winter months, and he knows she will not be able to endure the severe cold weather, but tonight they couldn't find any abandoned places to stay inside of, so the cold outside was their only shelter.
Tyra was still shivering a little in her sleep, which made A-un raise his heads and look to Sesshomaru with a concerned look.

"I know A-un, but there is nowhere to stay and away from the cold."
Sesshomaru mutters to A-un.
"Keep her warm the best you can, even if you must use your demonic power."
A-un nods, and started glowing blue, using his energy to keep Tyra warm, which seemed to work, since she stopped shivering.

Sesshomaru sighs, and Jaken gave the fire more wood to help keep it lit, and Jaken asked Sesshomaru.
"Milord, are you sure we should not find Kagome, and return her to her home?
She has remained in danger more whilst we look for that halfwit Naraku.
I'm worried Naraku will try to murder her again."

Sesshomaru narrows his golden eyes at Jaken.
"She stays Jaken."

"Yes milord."
Jaken replied him kowtowing to his lord.

You are possessive of her and it clearly shows Milord.
Jaken thought to himself.

The morning sun rose above the trees ever so slowly finally at last, the sun's rays warming the land, and Sesshomaru looked to the orange and purple sky, his thoughts on if maybe he should return Tyra back to her home, yet he's torn over the matter.
Jaken is right that she has been in danger countless times, even to where she was missing, and he had to track her down.
Since she was by his side she has been in danger, and he feels guilty for it.
He sighs for the hundredth time, and ran his hand through his long hair.
He doesn't want her to go back to her home, yet he knows Jaken is right, which agonizes Sesshomaru to no end.
Sesshomaru did not want her to leave, yet he knows that Naraku will not stop at trying to harm her, since she is Sesshomaru's weakness.
It will be a hard decision for himself to let her go before Naraku harms her.

He heard her mumble incoherent things in her sleep, but one word he recognized was her muttering.
"Mom."

Sesshomaru looked to her as she slept, wondering if she missed her family.
She probably did miss her family, especially the family that she is related to, including that wretched girl of Inuyasha's Kagome.
He will have to find the village that Inuyasha often visited to return her home, meaning ask around about it on their travels there.
Jaken is very right, because Sesshomaru does not want anything to happen to Tyra, nor does he wish her to die because of Naraku, so it's best to return her home.
He made his decision now.
Her safety comes first over his feelings for her.

Sesshomaru stands up, placing his swords upon his hip, within his golden and purple sash.
He then walked over to where A-un was letting her lay upon him to sleep.
Sesshomaru kneeled down and gently shakes her awake, and she moaned out.
"Just a few more minutes Mom."