18

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Who would like to spin first?"

- Josie Pye

---

ANNE WATCHED IN CONFUSION as Charlotte rummaged around their room, messing up everything the redhead had cleaned. "Are you looking for something?"

"I can't find my poem," Charlotte muttered, yanking one of the drawers open. "I was working on it and it wasn't finished yet. And I can't find it."

"Was it one of the ones that were to Gilbert that you were planning on never showing him?"

Charlotte looked over at the girl. "Obviously."

"I could help you look for it when we get home from school?" Anne asked her, chewing anxiously on her bottom lip, avoiding eye contact.

"Fine, whatever," Charlotte sighed, grabbing her slate and hat from the bed, before frowning at Anne's attitude. "Why do you look scared?"

Anne shuffled around on her feet. "It's my natural face. Also, how's your head?"

A gash along Charlotte's jawline was present, from when Nate had flung her across the ground. Green Gables felt more like home now that the two of them were gone. "Fine."

"Right," Charlotte narrowed her eyes. "Let's go to school then since your so desperate."

Charlotte slumped in her seat next to Ruby. She didn't even know why she bothered turning up. She used to love school, now, it was boredom and hatred she felt instead. Each morning, she wanted to walk out. Her routine was the same. Turn up, finish the problems, then sit there and stare at the ceiling. She zoned out and didn't even realize the day had ended, half the time spending hours inside her own head.

Charlotte stood from her seat, halfway through the school doors when Josie Pye called her back.

"Aren't you staying for the game, everyone is?"

Charlotte raised her eyebrows. "Does it look like I am?"

"It's spin the bottle, you're staying," Josie snapped, grabbing her forearm, dragging her into the back room, and forced her onto the ground.

She grimaced, being sat beside Charlie and Cole, across from Josie and Billy.

"Whomever the bottle points to, you are permitted to kiss. It has to be boy, girl, boy, girl," Josie instructed, placing the milk bottle on the floor between the circle.

"Where does that leave Cole?" Billy rhetorically asked.

Josie ignored him. "Who would like to spin first?"

"Diana," Charlie said, smiling.

Charlotte rolled her eyes.

Diana sucked in a breath, leaning forward to spin the bottle, watching as it landed on Moody.