27

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Now."

- Charlotte Wells

---

The scream of skates on ice rang through Charlotte's ears as she glided along, bringing her stick back to hurl the puck towards the goal. A cheer from her teammates sounded as she scored.

"Ruby, that's five to the opposing, and three to defending," Charlotte announced, gliding up to the girls. "Hey, Anne."

Anne smiled at the girl, having arrived late. "Who are the captains for this week?"

"Gilbert," Ruby replied.

"And?"

"Whoever."

"It's Gilbert and I," Charlotte huffed, her breath forming a frosty cloud in front of her. "And my team is winning five to three."

"Okay." Anne began writing. "Any highlights?"

"Billy tripped," Charlotte grinned at the memory. "That was the best part so far."

"Did you trip him?" Anne raised an eyebrow.

Charlotte opened her mouth to speak, knowing she was the one who 'accidentally' stuck her hockey stick out. "I'm not even going to answer that."

A knowing grin made it's way onto the redheads face. 

Charlotte turned as Moody skated up behind her.

"Diana," he nodded, tipping his hat towards her, before stumbling over his own feet.

"Going to take pity on poor Moody," Josie asked.

"My family won't allow it," Diana replied.

Charlotte stepped to the side as Gilbert skated up beside her, stopping to speak. "Isn't Ruby covering the game?"

"Ruby's very preoccupied," Tillie spoke up. "With a certain someone."

Charlotte rolled her eyes as Ruby gave Gilbert a dreamy smile. The brunette turned away, skating back towards her team, Gilbert following close behind her.

"That last point was a lucky one," Gilbert looked down at her, purposefully irritating her. "You won't get anymore that easily."

"Oh yeah?" Charlotte spun around, braking so shards of ice flew back at him. "We'll see."

The girl dashed into the center of the rink, immediately gaining control of the puck, shaking her head as Gilbert got it off her, scoring the next point.

"You got lucky," Charlotte told him as he scared behind her.

"I'm fine with that," Gilbert smiled. "At least I know how to pass the puck."

Charlotte skated around him in a circle, the puck on the end of her stick. "I'll pass it, watch."

Gilbert doubled over, a heaving grunt leaving his throat as the puck came flying into his stomach. He shook his head, a smirk on as face as he watched the girl skate back to the girls, involving herself in conversation.

"Someone has resurrected the take notice board with a post about me."