26

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"no you'll get mad"

- gilbert blythe 

---

"There has to be something we can do to save Miss Stacy."

Charlotte, Diana and Ruby all looked over at Anne.

"Well, if this was a story, what would the hero do?" Anne asked the girls.

"Murder the villain," Charlotte replied. "In this case: Rachel."

"We can't do that," Ruby chuckled. "Even so, we're not heroes, Anne. We're just girls."

Diana sat up. "Don't be ridiculous.

"I'm not ridiculous," Ruby turned towards her.

"A hero is a person, and that person can be any person," Diana answered.

Ruby spoke up, her voice overlapping DIana's. "All I meant was that there is nothing we can do!"

Charlotte winced, being sat between the two girls yelling at each other.

"The hero would accept the call of adventure," Anne answered her own question. "So, we have to find a way to convince the town to accept Miss Stacy and let her stay."

"Not now Moody," Diana spoke up as the door behind Anne opened, Moody sticking his head through.

"The town hall meeting is tomorrow night," Charlotte reminded Anne.

"Next to trying and winning is trying and failing. Either way, I saw we try." Anne nodded at her friends.

"Whatever your planning I want to help," Moody spoke up, still standing above the four girls.

"Good, half of it's your fault," Charlotte jokes, cocking her head, a small smirk on her blush lips.

"Everything went wrong after I dropped the light bulb," Moody nodded in agreement, rolling his eyes sarcastically at Charlotte's statement.

Anne's eyes widened. "I've got it. I know what we're going to do. Huddle up. Here's what has to happen tomorrow and once we've got a plan, we need to tell everyone else."

Charlotte sat alongside Moody at the front of the carriage, the two arguing about how fast they should be going while Anne, Ruby, and Diana sat giggling in the back.

"We're practically walking here and your insisting on slowing down, if we slow down more we will be driving backwards and since the train is in front of us we will miss it," Charlotte yelled above the girls talking in the back, the sounds of the horses and the creaking of the carriage.

Moody rolled his eyes, passing her the reins to his horses. "Fine, but don't go to-"

His sentence was cut short as he was thrown back into his seat as Charlotte brought the horses to a canter. Charlotte smiled at the shock written on his face.

"Stop! We're here," Anne shouted from the back, pointing to the Mackenzie's farm, Cole working in the field. He caught note of the carriage and jogged over, Anne grinning down at him. "Get in, we're going to Charlottetown."