31

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Go away."

- Charlotte Wells

---

 Charlotte had been in a mood since the funeral.

And the lesson Miss Stacy was giving them about nature and trees didn't help. She walked alongside Gilbert in complete boredom, rolling her eyes as her classmates giggled and smiled at the people they liked. Despite her love for nature, this lesson was the dullest thing she had experienced.

A frustrated groan left her throat as one of the boys behind her shuffled towards her. Henry, the boy who had revealed himself as the one who had written the note about Charlotte, moved forward to walk beside her. "Hello, Charlotte."

She clenched her jaw. The boy had been making several attempts to speak to her, all of which Charlotte shut down. "What do you want now?"

"Your-"

"What now? Are my eyes dazzling like diamonds? Is my hair flowing like waves?" she snapped out of annoyance. Gilbert just raised an eyebrow at her outburst. "I'm sure you've complimented all of my features by now, what could you possibly have left?"

"I was just going to say you look nice today."

Charlotte huffed. "Thank you, but can I just walk for three second with out you or anyone coming up to talk to me? I'm tired and clearly grumpy and I just don't want to speak. Go away."

Charlotte glanced beside her as Moody began jumping on the rocks close to her. Henry rolled his eyes, slowing down to walk back with his friends.

With a grin, Gilbert glanced down at Charlotte, continuing to walk beside her. "Charlotte, you're eyes are dazzling like diamonds."

The grin rose wider as she rolled her head back. "You're so annoying."

"Trust me, you've mentioned it." Gilbert nodded, grinning at the fact he was the only one who could rile her up so easily and not get punched.

Before Charlotte could reply, a sudden weight had landed on her, sending her flying onto the ground as Moody slipped on a large rock and collapsed into her. Charlotte crawled up, glancing at the tear in his pants and the blood seeping through.

Gilbert grabbed her forearm, hauling her up from the ground before leaning down to inspect Moody's cut. A deep wound dragged down his calf, blood spilling.

Two screams were heard. One from Ruby, one from the woods. And then one from half the students in class.

"Indians. We are surrounded by savages!"

Charlotte turned towards them, a glare on her face. "They're not savages."

She kneeled back down beside Moody, looking at the wound alongside Gilbert. "It's deep, isn't it?"

He nodded in confirmation.

"Miss Stacy, he'll need stitches there's nothing we can do," Charlotte called out, not even realizing she had figured that out before Gilbert, the one studying to be a doctor.