20

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Not a word."

- Charlotte Wells

---

"I can not believe I'm doing this," Charlotte said through gritted teeth, arms raised for costume fittings.

"Well, you're happy to yell in front of people, and you're the only one without a part," Rachel replied. "And you will do well in this one. Now, recite your lines.

"I banish thee..." Charlotte trailed off, the words completely leaving her head. "Do I have to wear a stupid costume."

Rachel hesitated before replying. "No. And you need to work on your lines. Find someone to help you because it's easier with somebody than without."

"Do I have to?"

"Fine, I will give you someone," Rachel sighed, before turning around to scream into the room. "Gilbert! Come help Charlotte with her lines."

Charlotte sucked in a breath, knowing she hadn't talked to the boy since she had stormed away from him.

"Here's her script." Rachel handed Gilbert several sheets of paper. "And she needs all the help she can."

Charlotte rolled her eyes, stepping away from the woman and towards an empty space in the room. Children were running around, others reciting lines.

"Where does your que start?" Gilbert asked her, flipping through the pages.

"Page two," she replied, rubbing her hands on her pants. "I don't even want to be in this stupid play."

"Well, I'm sure you'll be a great..." Gilbert read over the character she was playing. "Valiant Prince."

"Not a word," Charlotte stuck a finger at him as he let out a laugh. "Just, tell me what the start. is"

"Get back..."

"To the murk waters from whence thy came from," Charlotte continued, rolling her eyes in thought. "I banish thee to-"

Charlotte turned her head at the loud crash behind her, the sight of Cole toppling from the ladder and landing onto the ground. Billy behind him with a long slab of wood. Gilbert ran forward to Cole, Charlotte behind him, instead running towards Billy.

"What the hell was that for?" she yelled in his face, standing over Cole.

"I didn't mean to-"

"You take a big chunk of wood and whack it into an unstable ladder what did you expect would happen?" she snapped rhetorically. "Honestly how stupid are you to not realize he would most definitely fall over."

Billy stepped closer to her, practically spitting in her face. "I said it was an accident, alright."

"You'd better get up there and start painting because he was the only one we had who would do it," she snapped, shoving him away from her. "And get out of my face."

"You get out of mine before I hit you, again." Billy glared down, mirroring the hatred in Charlotte's eyes.

Charlotte stepped back, allowing Billy to grin, before she stepped forward again, firing her fist across his jaw.

Billy's eyes darkened as he lunged forward, throwing himself and Charlotte onto the hard floors of the theater. Charlotte rolled herself on top of him, throwing punches wherever she could as he attempted to kick her off.