part 11: More trouble

AL KHAZAR..
SENATE CHAMBERS
3 DAYS AFTER THE CAPTURE OF TOWN ZEKARA

The senate and nobles were in panic, their convoy of intelligence supply that was sent to each of their allied kingdoms has been destroyed and all units in the convoy has been captured or killed by the marines. The king has gathered them all yet again to address this issue.

A nobleman was the first to speak up to the king, "Your highness these so called "marines" or green men for what we call them has crossed our borders and attacked our forces and captured the town of zekara which is our main trading center to our allied kingdoms to supply our empire! We're now relying on different ways to replenish our resources to supply either our military or the people of the kingdom, how are you suppose to fix this sort of situation? We tried taking back the town and once again like the battle of alnus our forces were decimated, they're up to something highness and we dont know what!"

The king let the words sink in placing his hand on his face and let out a sigh, "it appears the nation we once tried to invade is now eager to get revenge on what we did to their capital kingdom.. but fear not, i have my allies ready to deploy a full force to defend my empire in return i will give them a plentiful amount of gold and other riches, a costly deal but worth it."

A senator spoke up with doubt on his face, "your highness we tried this trick to them once and what happened? 200,000 men perished within two days! We cannot make this mistake again it will be more costly than we have expected! We need to rely on different tactics than to just throw our men to their defenses like how we always do in our battles its time to do something the empire of al khazar needs to do.. and that is to adapt.."

"I am supposed you are indeed correct dear senator." The king paused for a second, "but from what we have right now we are unable to inflict heavy casualties to their forces, we can only rely on our mages.."

"Your majesty." A general spoke out catching the king's attention, "from what i have heard from the recent attack of the town of zekara the marines have taken numerous injured soldiers from our archers and some of our infantrymen in close quarters, and from what rumours heard from italica that five marines have been killed by zorzal's footmen in a surprise attack, it seems these green soldiers arent so invincible afterall."

The king looked at the general, "so you are saying is that we need to rely on tactics that include surprise attacking our enemy?"

The general shook his head no, "not only that. If we could focus on stealth we could maybe have the advantage." The general confidently said not knowing the marines had just the tools to use to detect stealth units, one of the examples is UAVs.

The king interested in the plan leaned forward wanting to hear more, "go ahead tell me more about it general."

"These marines, their weakness is how clueless they can be in their surroundings, the fact our forces were able to ambush them in their base near italica just proves their incapability of checking their surroundings." The general said with a smirk across his face, from what he said is well.. obviously false. They didnt even realize they were being monitored 24/7 by the USMC with the help of surveillance drones high up in the sky that no wyvern can even detect and also with the help of satellites that obviously not even dragons can reach.

"I like your idea of the whole stealth and surprise attack tactics, if given proper planning we may have the upper hand against them in close range combat.." the king said approving the plan the general had, but we all know who is the real masters of these tactics are.