LJ10 - Part 9

Lauren's POV

Was my heart still beating? For a moment I wasn't sure if it was since Camila had caught me completely off guard.

I love you.

Those three words echoed in my head. While it would have been instinctual to reciprocate those words, there was too much shock on my end to say anything. I had not expected her to say something so meaningful this quickly.

Perhaps it shouldn't have been a surprise because I had just confessed that I wanted to be with her. After what had happened the night before, I was scared out of my mind that I had ruined my chances of starting over with her. Therefore I had decided to confess my feelings once and for all. It was silly to hide what was obvious anyways. And now that Camila had revealed that she had been jealous, I couldn't wait any longer.

Telling her that I wanted to be with her was one thing. Telling her that I loved her was a whole other thing.

While I contemplated on what to do or say, the younger one put her arms around my neck and suddenly pulled me in. Apparently she didn't expect an answer which was a relief in that moment. Placing my hands on her hips, I also leaned in to meet her halfway. The heavy thudding in my chest didn't subside but only increased as we got closer.

It was not our first kiss by any means. But I knew that I would remember this one because it solidified a new chapter for us. The anxious feeling was starting to be replaced with a blissful one. As soon as I felt her lips touch mine, all the tension was gone. She kissed me with a sense of trepidation. Her mouth was timidly pressed against mine and I didn't mind the sweetness of her affection. Of course I reciprocated the kiss even if I hadn't reciprocated her love confession. A part of me knew that Camila understood if I wasn't ready to say it yet.

Pulling away just enough to look at each other, I couldn't help but smile. Camila's eyes locked with mine, the hazelnut orbs exuding warmth and tenderness. I felt the kind of butterflies in my stomach that only appeared when she was involved.

"I guess this means that the next time you can introduce me as your girlfriend", the other brunette whispered with a shy smile.

"I can't wait", I replied grinning.

"Yeah", Camila mumbled half-heartedly and I noticed her eyes dropping to my lips.

I knew exactly what that meant and wasn't opposed to the idea at all. She bit her lower lip for a second before I met her implicit wish by capturing her lips with mine. Camila sighed in pleasure and tightened her arms around my neck. As a result I was pulled closer so our bodies touched. Feeling the intimacy between us had my pulse racing again. I kissed her lips with more fervor than before. My own hands wandered to her back and traced her spine up and down.

Camila's lips were unbelievably full and soft. There was no comparison to what I felt when we kissed. To my surprise it was her who made the next move and brushed her tongue against my bottom lip. It was a reflex to immediately grant her access, her tongue not hesitating to slip in between my parted lips and exploring the inside of my mouth. I let out a quiet sigh this time.

All the pent-up tension between us was resurfacing again. The professional athlete pulled me so close that there was not an inch between us while her back was pressed up against the kitchen counter. The kisses grew more heated and passionate, her arms unfolding and beginning to wander down my sides. My body was aching for more when I felt her abruptly pulling away.

"Do you...um...should we...maybe go...to your bedroom?" Camila panted in a low voice that sounded so damn sexy.

Obviously I knew what she implied and there was no denying that I wanted to just as much as she did.