LJ10 - Part 29

I finished the last bit of toast on my plate and fell back against the headboard of the bed. My stomach was full and felt as if it was going to burst any minute. Why did I never listen to that little voice in my head that told me to stop eating before I reached that point? Because food is delicious, I thought and sighed deeply. Especially when my lovely girlfriend prepared it and made an effort to serve me the best breakfast in bed possible.

Finishing my thought, the dark-haired woman walked back into her bedroom after getting herself another cup of coffee. I smiled to myself as I took in every little detail. Her hair in a messy bun, no makeup and just an oversized T-shirt was enough to make my heart flutter. She sat down next to me and chuckled at the sight of my empty plate in front of me.

"I take it you enjoyed breakfast," Lauren grinned.

"Maybe a little too much," I replied and caressed my protruding stomach. "The last time I had a belly like that was when I was pregnant."

"Looks good on you," she said with a smile.

"You have to say that because you're my girlfriend," I argued but reciprocated her smile.

"Fiancée," Lauren corrected me and my heart skipped a beat.

"Right," I whispered and eyed the ring she had given me the night before on my hand.

"Did you forget?" she laughed with endearment.

"No," I said quickly. "I guess it hasn't sunk in yet."

"It's probably the sleep deprivation," Lauren smirked smugly and took a sip of her coffee.

"And who's fault is that?" I engaged in her banter.

"I didn't hear you complaining last night...and technically this morning," the older one continued with feigned arrogance. "Actually, if I remember correctly, it was you who kept asking for more-" I cut her off by placing my hand on her mouth unable to control a slight giggle.

"Enough," I said before my cheeks would turn red.

Lauren raised her hand as a sign of surrender and I brought mine down so she could speak again. Instead of replying, I felt her hand stroking my cheek and pulling me in for a kiss. I didn't hesitate and leaned in until our lips met. The faint taste of coffee was strangely appealing. Not as appealing as her general skill when it came to kissing though. There was light pressure on my lips that left me wanting more which she seemed to sense. Her head tilted subtly enabling her to deepen the kiss. Sighing in joy, I groaned discontentedly right afterwards because she pulled away.

"Tease," I muttered under my breath.

"I'd love to continue but I have a feeling I won't be getting out of bed any time soon if I do," Lauren explained with another dazzling smile.

"When has that ever been a problem for you?" I asked chuckling and folded my arms around her neck.

"It's not but I have to run an errand," her answer left me a little confused.

"I thought you didn't have any plans and we'd leave for the game together?"

"We'll still go to the game together," the other brunette spoke softly. "I'll come back after my meeting to pick you up."

"Is it a mystery meeting?" I questioned carefully because she didn't go into further details.

"No, it's just not a big deal and you can maybe catch up on some sleep that I deprived you of," Lauren answered only adding to my curiosity.

"I'm not really tired and...I don't want to sound controlling again because we know how that turned out last time," I had definitely learned my lesson in terms of my jealousy. "Can't I come to the meeting with you? I want to spend as much time as possible with you while I'm here."