II

Narrator

"Umm, I'll be okay," Haerin lied to Y/n for the second time that week.

First, she lied about Grandma being okay. Second, she lied about her having bad grades.

"Well, I'll be home this weekend. So, I'll help you catch up!" Y/n tried to be optimistic.

- Y/N POV -

"Heyyy!!!" I tightly hugged Haerin as I walked into the house.

"We're matching!" Haerin squealed out.

I had sent her something from The University store, just like I had promised, and even bought a matching one for myself.

"Mhm, the hoodies are so comfy, huh?" I asked Haerin in return.

Haerin probably had over 12 of My University hoodies by now, but she always wore them all. There wasn't a single hoodie that she didn't wear or that she didn't let go of.

*COUGH*

*COUGH, COUGH, COUGH*

*COUGH, GOUGH*

I heard painful coughing coming from the bathroom and quickly rushed over to check on Grandma.

"Oh my god!!" I started to panick when I saw blood all over the sink.

I knew Granma was sick, but I didn't know she was this sick.

"Okay, let's go! We're going to the hospital right now!" I sternly ordered Grandma.

She was a stubborn old lady. Always refusing to go to the doctors. Always saying she had better things to do than to be told she was dying.

"I'm old. I'm dying. It's what old people do!" She tried to shush me away.

"She's been throwing up blood, soiling herself, and fainting throughout the week," Haerin suddenly spoke.

I looked at her a bit shocked.

I knew Haerin had been lying to me throughout the week, but I couldn't believe she had kept such things from me.

"WHAT?! And you can't say this shit over the phone?!!!?" I started to get a little aggravated.

I talked to Haerin on the phone everyday, yet she failed to inform me of the blood and the fainting spells.

"Y/n, she's just a kid!" Granma yelled.

I bit the inside of my cheek and exhaled deeply. All I wanted to do was yell at Haerin, but Grandma reminded me that Haerin just didn't know any better.

Haerin grew up lost and easily susceptible to deception. It wasn't her fault that Grandma would lie to her and it wasn't her fault that she grew up to trust what her elders said, regardless on if they were wrong or right.

This was how I ended up with my Grandma.

It was one thing to be an adult capable of standing up for yourself, but it was another thing to be child who had to trust that the adults around you were doing what was best for you.

"Fine, let's go to the hospital," I huffed out to my Grandma.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Haerin shyly coward into a corner of the bathroom.

I just ignored her and tried to help my grandmother into my car.

"Where are you going?!" Haerin started to cry as she saw us getting in the car.