XV

Narrator

It was clear to Haerin that maybe Y/n had a thing for Hanni. So, Haerin invited Hanni over to prep for New Year's Eve....

Little did Haerin know that was probably the worst idea she could have had the entire year.

- Haerin POV -

"Nope, I- I don't wanna," Y/n slurred.

I had told Y/n that I texted Hanni unnie to invite her to prep for New Year's with us, but it sorta turned things in a way I was not expecting.

Over the last 3 hours, Y/n drank alcohol like I had never seen before.

I couldn't tell if it was out of nervousness or just stupidity.

"You just have to ask her for a New Year's kiss. She kissed you during Christmas. How is this different?!" Dani tried to help me out.

"Nope. No! I'm not doing that!" Y/n just reeked of liquor at this point.

"Alright, go brush your teeth! I can't stand you right now!" I plugged my nose up.

Y/n was supposed to be helping us with food and snacks for New Year's, but instead it smelled like their new perfume/cologne was just them bathing themselves in liquor.

"Fine!" Y/n grumpily walked over to their room to brush their teeth.

*DING, DONG*

The doorbell suddenly rang.

"She's here!" I excitedly squealed out.

"Go!" Dani pushed me towards the door.

To be really honest, I was still a bit traumatized when opening the door for Hanni unnie... but this was important....

I wanted Y/n to have someone to love in the New Year or at least kiss when the clock strikes 12 on New Year's Day.

"HIIII!!!" I excitedly squealed at the door.

"Hi!" Minji unnie answered.

"I don't remember inviting her," I thought to myself

"Oh, Minji. Hi!" Danielle yelled from the kitchen.

"Hi!" Minji unnie waved at her.

"I heard Y/n was drunk. So, I came to check up on them!" Unnie cutely explained the reason for her visit.

"I guess maybe Y/n texted her," I tried to reason with myself.

"Y/n's drunk?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

It was Hanni unnie, walking up to the front door.