XXXVIII

Narrator

It was time for Haerin to return to school, but she refused to get up.

"Haerin, I have to go to class too. Get up!" Y/n was losing their patience.

Y/n knew Haerin would do this.

Ever since the trip and everything, Haerin had reverted back to her clinginess. It was like what happened over the last 2 years had been forgotten.

"I'm leaving!" Y/n sighed in annoyance.

"No, wait!" Haerin jolted up from the bed.

"I'll go," Haerin started to get ready for school.

- Y/N POV -

It was one thing to get Haerin to get ready so we could both go to school, but it was a different thing to get her to let go of her cat.

It seemed like I had created another problem.

"Haerin, let's go

"Haerin, let's go. Kitty will be here when we get back," I tried to get Haerin to fix her eyes on me.

Haerin just pulled her face away from my hand.

"Baby, we need to go to school," I sighed out.

"Baby?" Haerin suddenly looked up at me.

I suddenly realized that would have a different meaning to us now. I still had no idea what we were doing, but I understood why she was looking at me like that.

"I just- umm- we need to go to school," I mumbled a bit flustered.

"Right!" Haerin seemed distracted enough to let go of her kitty.

"We'll see you later buddy. I don't know what your name is yet but we'll be back," I scratched the kitty a little before pushing Haerin out the door.

"Hey!!!" Haerin furrowed her brows at me.

"We need to go to school," I pulled her before the attachment issues started to catch up to her.

I had opted into changing some of my classes to make sure Haerin went to school before I did. After what happened the week before, I knew Haerin wouldn't keep her promise of going to school without getting emotional.

"I could've driven myself," Haerin whined as I pulled up to her university campus.

"Yeah, so you could drive yourself back home the second I turn around?" I sassed.

"Nooooo," Haerin chuckled.

She knew I was right.

Without me around, I knew Haerin would cling onto her new buddy as a replacement.