XXI

Narrator

Haerin ended up forgiving Y/n for what they had done. The second she started crying, she realized that she really couldn't live without Y/n.

But although she had forgiven Y/n, Haerin still had a really hard time trusting them. So, she kept Y/n at arms length.

At times, Haerin couldn't even stand looking at Y/n.

She either wanted to beat the shit out of them or cry in their arms like she used to.

- Haerin POV -

"No, I'm still mad at you," I told Y/n over the phone.

Y/n kept inviting me over to their apartment for dinner, but I wasn't ready for that yet. I wasn't ready to accept that Y/n had started a whole new life outside of me.

"Pleaseeee," Y/n begged on the other line.

"I'm hanging up," I sighed out.

"Pleaseeee-"

*CLICK*

Y/n had been begging for the last twenty minutes and I had finally gotten tired of it.

"I wish you'd stop pretending that you hate Y/n so much," Dani suddenly told me.

"Please, I'm not pretending. I'm just not trying to be ungrateful for everything Y/n has done for me," I scoffed.

"Excuses, excuses!" Dani smugly responded.

I just playfully rolled my eyes and walked over to peck her lips.

- Danielle POV -

Y/n was finally back in Haerin's life and I was back to being second place. As much as Haerin wanted to make it seem like she hated Y/n, I could see that she didn't.

Yes, Haerin was still upset with them, but the smile on her face told me everything I needed to know.

Haerin didn't smile like that with me anymore.

On top of that, Haerin and Y/n would spend all their free time texting or on the phone. They would talk for hours sometimes, to the point where I ended up just going home because I was being ignored.

"Ugh, Y/n is calling again!" Haerin groaned from the living room.

"Just don't answer!" I yelled back a bit annoyed.

To my surprise, Haerin actually just sent Y/n's call to voicemail.

"I was thinking," she suddenly walked up to the dinner table.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to pay Y/n a visit. It would be really nice if you came with me," Haerin wrapped her arms around me from behind.

I took a deep breath and thought about it for a second.

"I can't. You know I have a lot of homework to do," I came up with an excuse.

In reality, I just didn't want to watch Haerin and Y/n interact. They were either going to start arguing or Haerin was going to cling onto Y/n like she did before.

"Pleaseeee!" Haerin began to pout.

"Haerin!" I tried to resist.

"Baby, pllleeeassee?!" She started acting cuter.

Haerin was being too cute for me to resist, so I reluctantly said... "Okay, fine!"

- Y/N POV -

Haerin and Danielle had finally agreed to come over for dinner.

I was really nervous.

I was setting up the finishing touches at the dinner table, when the door bell suddenly rang.

*DING, DONG*

I took a deep breath and made my way over to open the door.

"Welcome to my h-"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence because I was suddenly at a loss for words.

"Wooahh," I thought to myself

Haerin looked so beautiful.

"Umm, where's Dani?" I cleared my throat once I caught myself staring.

"Oh, she couldn't come because she had a lot of homework," Haerin explained.

"Oh okay, come on in then!" I nervously invited her in.

I was scared to see how Haerin would react to my place or how she'd feel now that I didn't call grandma's house my home.

"Thanks," Haerin shyly walked into my apartment.

"I'm starting to feel a little underdressed!" I tried to joke.

I really didn't expect Haerin to come dressed so elegantly. I guess she really had changed a bit since what happened.

"Umm, should I change?" I asked a bit nervous.

Haerin had only taken 5 steps inside and suddenly stopped. She looked around my place for a bit and suddenly said.... "I can't do this!"

Before I knew it, Haerin had walked out of my house.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Do you think Haerin will ever get over Y/n abandoning her?