XXII

Narrator

Haerin rushed out of Y/n's apartment the second she saw how well Y/n was doing without her.

It left Y/n heartbroken.

Just when Y/n thought they were finally getting through to Haerin, Haerin showed them how far from being forgiven they really were.

- Haerin POV -

"I can do this!" I told myself.

I felt so bad for leaving Y/n's place without an explanation. So, I went home to change and gathered up the courage to come back and apologize.

*DING, DONG*

I finally managed to ring Y/n's doorbell.

Y/n quickly ran to open the door with a panicked, "Haerin?!", coming out of their mouth.

Y/n's eyes looked like they had been crying.

"I'm sorry I left without-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence before Y/n pulled me into a hug and sniffled out, "Please don't ever leave like that again!"

It felt a bit hypocritical for Y/n to say that to me.

"Y/n, put me down," I bitterly ordered.

Y/n did as I asked, but I couldn't stay mad for long. Our eyes had locked for a second and my heart began to break when I saw a tear rolling down Y/n's cheek.

"Please don't cry. Please understand this is hard for me too," I gently caressed Y/n's cheek.

"I know. I'm sorry," Y/n sniffled.

I gently wiped Y/n's tears away and stepped up to cup their face. "But I came back, right? Just like you did?" I softly whispered.

Y/n slowly nodded as they tried to get a hold of their emotions.

Our eyes locked again and my heart began to race. I took a step closer and Y/n did too. We both started to lean in closer and closer to each other....

But I quickly leaned to the side to kiss Y/n's cheek before I made a mistake I couldn't take back.

It seemed like old feelings I had been trying to burry my whole life... were trying to make themselves known.

"How about we have that dinner you offered?" I managed to ask.

A smile started to creep up on Y/n's face and they shyly nodded in response.

- Y/N POV -

For a second, I thought maybe Haerin felt a little different about me too. But, she was just being nice.

It was probably a good thing that she kissed my cheek, before I ended up hurting her relationship with Danielle.

I had already ruined a lot of aspects of Haerin's life, I didn't need to ruin her love life too.

"So, is this where you've been living this whole time?" Haerin nervously asked.

"Mhm," I hummed out a bit embarrassed.

"Guess you were a lot closer than I thought," she mumbled under her breath.

"I needed to stay as close as I could. To make sure you were okay," I answered her comment.

I had moved to an apartment complex near the facility Haerin had been placed in. Since I wasn't allowed to get near her, I could at least look out my window and see how she was doing from a far.

"You could've at least called me," Haerin sighed out.

To be honest, dinner was a little uncomfortable. Haerin and I had nothing to talk about but about what had happened.

"Call? What did you want me to say?" I scoffed a bit.

"You just could've called," Haerin mumbled.

"And say what? 'Hey, how's the facility they placed you in? By the way, I love you!'" I tried to tease.

Haerin suddenly looked up from her food and gave me a cold look. "Well, you could've," she angrily told me.

"Well, what would you have said?" I coldly asked in return.

Haerin abruptly turned her head to the side and huffed out... "I would've said, 'I miss you and I love you too'!"

A smile started to creep up on my face, but I quickly caught it.

"Alright, I think that's enough sappy shit I can handle for today. We can either end dinner here or talk about this later and watch a movie," I sternly suggested.

I could see Haerin thinking about it for a second.

"I wanna watch a movie," she cutely whispered.

"Movie it is!" I chuckled out.

Before I knew it, Haerin and I were cuddled up and watching a movie like we used to.

"Hey, Y/n?" Haerin suddenly whispered.

"Mhm," I hummed in response.

"I missed you."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-