XIX

Narrator

After a close encounter with Haerin, Y/n backed off from secretly checking up on her.

Haerin was back in granny's house, she had a new car, and had started going to college. Surprisingly, she had even managed to stay in a loving relationship with Danielle. So, Y/n didn't feel the need to worry too much.

- Haerin POV -

As time went on, I thought about Y/n less and less. I didn't need Y/n anymore....

I never really did.

It was just nice to look up to someone and know that they were going to be by my side forever.

I guess I have Danielle for that now, but it was different. I was much stronger now. I didn't need anyone by my side anymore.

"Baby, I need a new laptop for school!" Dani yelled from the living room.

"Let's go buy a new one!" I yelled back from my bedroom.

Dani had been doing homework, while I folded my laundry. I was putting away everything Y/n ever bought me to be specific. By now, I had accepted the fact that Y/n had just abandoned me.... the same way my parents did.....

"Yyaaayy!!" Dani came running into the room to change.

She grabbed the first thing she saw and put it on. My blood began to boil when I saw what it was.

"Take that off," I coldly ordered.

It was one of the hoodies Y/n had bought for me at their university.

"See, you do still care about Y/n!" Dani tried to tease.

"No, I just don't want you wearing something from someone who showed me how little I mean to them. I should have burned all these sweaters a long time ago," I snatched the hoodie off Dani without hesitating.

Danielle knew exactly how I felt about Y/n, but she kept insisting that I was just lying to myself.

"Just put them away. You never know when you might need them," Dani sighed out.

I just ignored her comment and got myself ready to go out.

- Y/N POV -

It had been a while since I checked up on Haerin. She seemed to be doing quite well on her own, so I didn't feel the need to worry about her anymore.

Still, something about today told me I should at least drive by the house.

I grabbed my car keys and my hat, then headed over to the house.

"Guess she's not home," I sighed to myself when I didn't find Haerin's car in the driveway.

I debated on waiting until she got back home just to make sure she was okay, but I opted to stop being creepy.

If Haerin found that I been secretly checking in on her, she'd probably hate me more than she already does.

"Stop being weird," I told myself.

I decided to drive over to the mall for some tea and a distraction. Having Haerin on my mind was going to drive me insane.

"Thanks for coming!" The tea shop owner told me on my way out.

It had become a habit of mine to come to this tea shop when I felt stressed.

I walked around the mall for a bit and looked inside a few shops. After a while, I started to get bored and decided to just go back home....

That's until I heard a familiar voice.

"This looks cool," I heard Danielle's cheery voice.

I looked over in the direction of the voice and found Haerin looking over some things in the store I had randomly walked into.

"Guess she's doing well," I thought to myself

I stuck around for a bit and watched Haerin walk around the store. She seemed very calm and quiet. She was hardly answering Dani's questions with more than one word responses.

After a while, I realized it was probably best if I left before Haerin noticed me. I took one last look at her.....

But I must have stared for too long

Haerin and I had locked eyes.

Before I knew it, I had an angry Haerin marching towards me.

"Hi," I awkwardly tried to greet her.

Haerin stopped in right front of me, looked me straight in the eyes, and then....

*SLLLAAAAPPP*

"Okay, I deserved that," I mumbled under my breath.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!?" Haerin started yelling in the middle of the store.

"Haerin, I can explain," I tried to get her to calm down.

"Explain?!? Explain?!?" She yelled.

"Hey, what's going- Oh, Y/n," Dani suddenly came out of nowhere.

"How are you going to explain to me that you completely abandoned me?! How are you going to explain that instead of being by my side you've just been stalking me and making me feel crazy?!? How are you going to explain the fact that you've been a total coward for the last 8 months?!" Haerin angrily pushed me over and over.

"Haerin, calm down. This isn't the place for that," Dani tried to get Haerin to calm down.

"Please, just let me explain," I took a heavy breath.

Haerin was right.

I had been a coward this whole time.

I was so ashamed for letting Haerin down that instead of trying to make it up to her, I chose to hide and feel sorry for myself.

"I don't want your explanations. I have nothing to say to you. I don't need you anymore," Haerin coldly said, before storming off. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Should Y/n be forgiven? >.<