XXXV

Narrator

Y/n and Haerin ended up having to return to school after the New Year's break. Haerin wasn't a big fan that Y/n actually had to attend classes on campus now, but the pair ended up compromising a plan so Haerin wouldn't be feel so alone.

Since Haerin didn't start her in person classes until the next week, Hanni was supposed to come by and hang out with Haerin....

Only problem was that Hanni forgot and overslept.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin's attachment issues started to act up when I was trying to leave for school. I kept trying to call Hanni, but she wouldn't pick up. Later on, I found out that she had slept through her alarm, but by then I had already decided to take Haerin to school with me.

"Why do you have to drive so far just to get to school?" Haerin sighed out.

"If you were able to live on your own without crying like a little kid, then I wouldn't have to. I could just live on campus," I coldly responded.

I was annoyed.

Haerin promised she'd be fine alone. She agreed to letting me just commute back and forth from school just so she wouldn't feel abandoned. But when it came down to it, she couldn't keep her promise.

"Just say your life would be easier if you hadn't met me," Haerin angrily answered.

"That's not what I said!" I huffed out.

"That's what it sounded like!" Haerin yelled back.

"Believe me, your life and mine would be easier if I didn't have abandonment issues," she mumbled under her breath.

I took a deep breath as I pulled up to university parking lot and tried to calm down. "Come on," I told Haerin as I got out the car.

I ended up having to email my professor that I had to bring someone to class with me and luckily he said it was fine.

Haerin had to seat with me throughout a two hour biology class.

I felt so bad that I didn't even pack up any snacks or extra water.

"So, this is the famous Haerin?" My Professor asked once the lecture was over.

Almost everyone in my department knew about Haerin. She was one of the reasons I had even chosen my major. She was the reason why some of my assignments were late. She was the reason why I had to randomly leave the campus because of an emergency.

"Yeah, she's just tagging along for the day," I answered him.

"Well, she's awfully cute," he suddenly commented.

"Yeah," I answered a bit flustered.

After a brief chat with my professor, Haerin and I ended up walking over to university dinning hall.

"What would you like?" I asked Haerin.

She just gave me a look and then looked at what she wanted.

Haerin was being a lot quieter than usual.

"Are you alright?" I asked a bit concerned.

She just nodded and grabbed a hold of my arm.

I took a deep breath and ordered what she had been eyeing. It was clear that she was hungry, uncomfortable, and confused about the day.

I couldn't blame her though.

"Ughh, god dammit!" I mumbled under my breath.

I had just received an email from my next professor that I couldn't bring Haerin to my lab class of liability reasons.