XXXIX

Narrator

Y/n felt a little on edge now that Haerin's panic attacks were back.

"Have you been seeing your therapist?" Y/n asked for the 3rd time that day.

Haerin and Y/n ended up skipping class the next day. It was Haerin's request to stay home, but Y/n stayed behind too in fear that she'd freak out again.

"Mhm," Haerin hadn't been talking much all day.

- Haerin POV -

I was really embarrassed that I had acted out the night before. I thought I had gotten over those freak outs.

It was clear that I hadn't.

"Are you still mad at me?" Y/n asked for the 10th time in the day.

I just shook my head in response.

I was too embarrassed to respond with words.

Y/n sighed and sat down on the sofa with Kitty and me. "Come here", Y/n requested.

I shook my head to refuse.

"Come on, I'm not going to bite," Y/n opened their arms wide.

I hesitated a bit, but eventually crawled my way onto Y/n's arms.

Y/n held me tightly while I cuddled with Kitty. It felt really nice to be in Y/n's arms. I hadn't realized how tense I had been since the night before.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin scaring me the way she did brought up old wounds.

Haerin hadn't freak out like that for a while now. I knew it wasn't something new to me, but it did trigger me.

It brought up my own bitterness towards Haerin's parents.

I was never sure how to explain it and I had never share my feelings about that with anyone other than my grandmother, but I hated Haerin's parents.

I never understood how someone could be so damn reckless.

I was neglected myself when I was a kid and that's why my grandmother had to step in when I was a kid, but this was just pure stupidity.

It was pure evil.

"How can you lose such a sweet child?" I always thought to myself.

*ZZZZZ*

A smile suddenly crept up on my face when I realized Haerin had suddenly fallen asleep.

*MEOW*

The Kitty suddenly noticed her owner's demeanor and started climbing to my shoulder.

I still wasn't sure how to feel about Haerin's new buddy, but Haerin really seemed to like it... so, I had nothing to complain about...