XIV

Narrator

"You're home!!!" Haerin excitedly ran up to Y/n once they arrived home.

Danielle was hoping to get home and make out with Haerin until she had to go, but when Haerin realized that Y/n wasn't home....

She started to get a bit panic.

Dani ended up staying because she had to calm Haerin down. Not because she got to get some of Haerin's sweet kisses that she loved so much, but because Haerin was panicking that she had to go find Y/n out in the snow.

- Danielle POV -

Y/n had finally gotten home and, even though Haerin was not my girlfriend, I couldn't get over my jealousy towards Y/n.

"Oh, you guys came home early!!" Y/n picked up Haerin in their arms.

I knew that Y/n probably saw Haerin as like a little sister or something, but I just couldn't help myself. Haerin always needed Y/n around, even when she was with me.

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go!" I tried not to be awkward.

"We'll give you a ride home!" Y/n answered, setting Haerin down.

Haerin then quickly ran over to hold my hand and said... "Yeah! Let's go!"

Her cuteness was too much for me and I started to blush.

Soon enough, Haerin and Y/n dropped me off at home. "Thank you for everything," Haerin kissed me goodbye and Y/n awkwardly turned away from us.

"Night, Dani!" Y/n said on their way back to their chair.

"Goodnight, baby," Haerin whispered against my lips and I couldn't help but blush.

- Haerin POV -

It had only been about 3 days since Christmas and Y/n took two days off for us to prepare for our home evaluation.

I was a bit more emotional than usual, so Dani was helping Y/n out a lot with my attachment issues.

I kind of felt bad that Y/n had no one to lean on though.

Ms. Hanni had quit her job and wasn't our social worker anymore, while Minji unnie had scared Y/n a bit by confessing her feelings.

"Just water for me," Y/n told the coffee waiter.

Y/n didn't drink caffeinated coffee often, so it water was the only thing they chose to order on our little New Year's shopping day.

It felt like Y/n had been working a lot.

Y/n saved up a lot of money in such a short time. I know part of it was because Minji unnie had convinced her dad to give Y/n a raise, but also Y/n had been going off to work a lot earlier than usual.

"Ohh!!" I suddenly gasped when I noticed a familiar face.

"Ms. Pham!!" I yelled out.

Ms. Pham had walked into the same coffee shop we were at and immediately walked out.

"Huh?" Y/n looked around a bit confused.

Ms. Hanni had actually mailed us handmade letters. She had screen printed cute designs on the front of the letters and written these long meaningful messages on them.

It was actually one of the most special things I had ever received in my life.

"Ms. Pham, just walked into the coffee shop but maybe she forgot something because she walked right out!" I explained.