XX

Narrator

Haerin was so pissed off that she just wanted to be alone.

She dropped Dani off at her house and drove back home. Only to find the one person she never wanted to see ever again at her front door.

Y/n.

- Haerin POV -

Ever since graduation, I knew Y/n had been secretly looking out for me.

At first, I thought it was kind of cute. It brought me comfort in some weird way, but the more time that went by... the more bitter I became about it...

"If Y/n really cared about me then they wouldn't hide in the shadows," I always thought to myself.

"Go home.... Or wherever the hell you came from...," I coldly told Y/n as I walked into the house.

"Haerin, please!" Y/n tried to follow me inside.

I quickly turned around and slammed the door shut on them.

"Haerin, please! Let me explain!!" Y/n yelled through the door.

"Haerin!!" They kept on yelling.

"You're not welcomed here anymore. Go away!" I yelled back.

"Haerin, just give me two minutes!!" Y/n kept yelling.

"Let me make it up to you!! Please?!" Those specific words made my blood boil.

I angrily walked into Y/n's old room and grabbed everything I could, then made my way back to the front door.

"Please!! I just want to make it up to you!!!" Y/n yelled again.

Out of pure rage, I opened the door and threw all of Y/n's things at them. "Want to make it up to me?! Then grab all your shit and go!" I yelled.

"You abandoned me when I needed you the most. Why would I even give you the pleasure of trying to explain why you felt the need to do that?!" I pushed Y/n away from the door.

"Haerin, I-"

"At first, I thought it was my fault. I blamed myself for all of it. But then, you never came around. You didn't come to my 18th birthday and you didn't come to my graduation. It wasn't my fault anymore," I started to just let my emotions out.

"I had to learn to let you go. I had to learn to not cry when I felt lost or afraid. I had to learn to keep people at a distance because everyone leaves you eventually. Do you know what that's like?!" I yelled in Y/n's face.

"Do you know what it's like to have your heart ripped apart in the same way twice?! The first time was when I was 5 and the second time was when I turned 18!" I kept on screaming.

"The second your visitors band got lifted and you chose not to come looking for me.... that's the second you ripped my heart out... just like my parents did.....," I realized I was starting to cry....

But, I couldn't help myself.

- Y/N POV -

"Why would you do that to me?!" Haerin's anger was turning into pain.

"Was I really not worth the trouble?! Did you hate me that much?!" Haerin started to pound her fists on my chest.

"Haerin, I'm so-"

"DON'T!! BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SORRY!!" Haerin wouldn't let me speak.

"I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY WHOLE LIFE. I DIDN'T MIND BEING LOST AS LONG AS YOU WERE BY MY SIDE. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME LIKE THAT?!?" Haerin cried out.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!" Her cries started to become familiar.

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO LEAVE ME. DON'T LEAVE ME!!" Haerin suddenly threw herself into my arms.

I couldn't help but hold her tightly.

"WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG?!" Haerin painfully cried.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!!" I began to cry myself.

"DON'T EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN!!" Haerin screeched out in pain.

"I won't," I whispered....

As I held her tightly in my arms.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-