XXX

Narrator

"Haerin, you're drunk," Y/n reluctantly pulled away from Haerin's lips.

"You're right," Haerin responded a bit embarrassed.

Haerin felt a little rejected, but she knew she was probably acting a bit irrationally.

The pair ended up ignoring the kiss, feeling like the other didn't feel the same, and just cuddled up to fall asleep.

- Danielle POV -

I was always going to be second place and I couldn't handle it anymore.

It had been a whole year of us dating, but Haerin's whole being craved Y/n more than me. Even throughout the trip, Haerin wouldn't stop complaining about how she knew Y/n best not Minji.

I was starting to feel like Haerin probably liked Y/n in more ways than one.

"Hey," Y/n greeted me in the morning.

"Hi," I awkwardly replied and walked to the kitchen to get some coffee.

I had already made up my mind and just seeing Y/n made me feel embarrassed of what I was about to do.

"Umm, where's Haerin?" I asked a bit nervous.

"I think she's outside with Hyein," Y/n calmly replied.

Y/n was going to hate me soon and I knew that calm demeanor towards me was not going to last long.

I walked outside to find Haerin having breakfast with the girls.

"Hey girl!" Hanni greeted.

"Good morning," I politely answered.

I gave the rest of the girls a quick greeting and then looked over to get Haerin's attention. "Can we talk?" I asked.

"Umm, yeah. I actually need to talk to you about something too," Haerin got up so we could talk in private.

Oddly enough, I felt at ease.

Haerin and I walked around the front yard for a bit before I finally manage to say, "I wanna break up". 

Haerin stop in her tracks, but didn't say anything.

"I know this may be a bit sudden, but I think it's safe for me to say that you don't love me the same way I love you," I exhaled out.

"What?" Haerin finally spoke up.

"I will never be able to replace Y/n and you know that. Frankly, those are some shoes I wouldn't even want to fill. Y/n is the most important person in your life and I can't keep competing against them," I explained.

"You're not in competition with Y/n. Y/n doesn't even see me like that. I may have tried to kiss them, but I love you. We've been together all this time and I've done everything in my power to make you see that you're more important to me," Haerin started to get a little frustrated...

But my head was stuck on one thing.

"You kissed?" I asked in shock.

"Umm, yeah. That's what I wanted to talk to you about," Haerin awkwardly answered.

I took a deep breath to try to stay focused on what I was trying to do, but I couldn't deny that it hurt a little.

"See, you just proved my point," I sighed out.

"You love Y/n. Y/n has been there for you your whole life. You two have a bond that you and I will never have. And as much as I want to deny it, I know that you're better off with Y/n than you are with me. I want you to be happy. That's all I want," I wanted to make Haerin understand that us breaking up was for the best.