VIII

Narrator

Minji's ended up holding up her side of the deal. She spoke to her dad and let him know how her college friend's only family member had passed away.

So, out of kindness, Mr. Kim offered Y/n a full-time position at his company instead.

Minji didn't really know the gravity of the situation, but she couldn't deny that she had become very fond of Y/n in the little time they knew each other. So, when she found out Y/n had moved out of their dorm and wouldn't return for the next semester... she started to worry....

But it was soon enough that she really got to see what was going on.

- Y/N POV -

"Why would you tell her that?!" I screamed at Minji.

Minji had come to pick me up for my first day at her father's company. Her dad had offered me a full-time position as a data entry associate.

The job wouldn't pay much, but it was just shy of enough to pass my evolution with the social workers.

"Noo!! Don't go!!" Haerin cried out.

Minji had made the mistake of telling Haerin that I would be leaving her alone for 8-10 hours of the day. She was doing it to be helpful, but little did she know that saying the words "leaving" and "Y/n" were the worse things to say to Haerin.

"Haerin, I will be back! I promise!" I tried to shake Haerin off me.

"NO! GRANDMA IS GONE AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA LEAVE ME!" She started to screech out.

"Woahhh, what's going on?!" Minji looked at me in a panic.

"Haerin, I need to go to work!" I sighed out.

"NOO!! THEN YOU'll NEVER COME BACK. JUST LIKE MY PARENTS. THEY NEVER CAME BACK FROM WORK!!!" Haerin painfully cried.

"What's wrong with her?!" Minji started to get concern.

"She's fine. She just has attachment issues. Can you just go wait in the car?" I started to get frustrated at the situation.

It was Minji's fault, but her words had just made the situation worse.

I had spent hours preparing Haerin for me to go to my first day at work. I had explained how I need to work so she wouldn't be taken away. I had explained that it was just something we had to do to stay together and luckily she eventually understood.

Using the right words with Haerin was critical, but Minji didn't know that.... so she ended up triggering her.....

"Yeah, okay. Sorry," Minji exhaled out and walked out of the house.

"NOOOO!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" Haerin started to dig her nails into my skin.

"I'LL BE BACK. WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!! WHEN HAVE I NEVER NOT COME BACK?!" I started to get aggravated.

"NOO!! YOU'RE LYING!!!" Haerin screamed at the top of her lungs.

I sighed out in frustration and lost my patience with her. I grabbed Haerin by the arm and pulled her off me. "DO YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN AWAY?!" I screamed at her.

"DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DONT DO THIS, THAT IF I DON'T WORK AND FEED YOU, THAT WE REALLY WON'T SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN?!" I had lost all my patience.

Haerin just started to hyperventilate and cry louder.

"ANSWER!" I yelled.

"I KNOOOWWW!!!" Haerin screamed back at me.