XXIX

Narrator

Amongst the denial, drunkenness, and carelessness of words, Minji managed to get Y/n to take a nap for the day.

That nap turned into a bit more than a light sleep...

And when Y/n woke up..

- Y/N POV -

As I woke up, I began to hear familiar cries from outside the room.

"No!!" I could hear Haerin crying.

I quickly got up to see what was going on and found Haerin crying out as everyone just stared at her.

"I don't want to sleep unless it in Y/n's arms!" Haerin yelled at the group.

"What's the matter?" I asked a bit confused.

Haerin suddenly came running into my arms and, out of instinct, I picked her up and held her tightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked the girls.

"She's just a little drunk," Hanni explained.

"She's missed you. She misses being in your arms. You make her feel safe," Dani coldly stated.

I was so confused, but I could hear Haerin cooing and whimpering in my arms. Haerin was obviously not feeling alright.

"What's wrong, Frog?" I tried to ask.

I didn't call Haerin by that nickname much, because Haerin only liked it when grandma called her that.

Grandma knew how much Haerin liked frogs and would do her best to gift her cute frog like things or show her frog things when she came across one.

It made Haerin happy to see those things, so granny always did her best to make Haerin happy in that regard.

"Where were you? Why were you gone for so long?!" Haerin sniffled into my ear.

I was so confused.

Minji, Hyein, and Hanni just looked at me lost and confused.

"It's fine. Just make her feel better, please. She's been in a bad mood all day and I can't seem to ease her mind." Danielle suddenly sighed out.

"Bad mood?" I thought to myself, as all the images of Haerin and Danielle kissing throughout the day rushed through my head.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked her a bit confused.

"It's that time of the year where you're probably both triggered by many things. Unlike you, I can't just hug her and magically fix things," she coldly told me before walking out of the villa.

"What the hell was that about?!" I asked the remaining girls.

I felt even more confused.

Minji and Hanni just shrugged.

Suddenly, I heard light snoring coming from my shoulder.

Haerin had fallen asleep.

- Haerin POV -

I took a deep breath as my my whole body relax in Y/n's arms.

I hadn't drank that much, we were all having a good time, but suddenly I started to remember how Y/n got arrested the year prior. I started to think about how it was all because Y/n was drunk that they started to argue with Hanni unnie.

I must have gotten triggered by something at one point, because I started to randomly feel very upset and all I wanted was to be in Y/n's arms.

"It's been a long day," I heard a low whisper.

I turned to my side a bit and realized I was now in bed.

"Sleep well, My Little Kitten," I felt a soft kiss on my forehead.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Y/n trying to leave the room. "Where are you going?" I sleepily asked.

I must have fallen asleep in Y/n's arm and was put to bed, because I was now in Y/n's room.

"Huh? I'm just going out to get you some water. Go back to sleep," Y/n lowly responded.

"I don't want any water. Just come to bed with me," I lifted my head up from the bed.

"It's alright. I'm gonna sleep on the sofa," Y/n replied.

I took a deep breath and sat up. "I've missed you. Can you just hold me for a bit? If you walk out the door then I will just feel like you're leaving me again," it seemed like the wine was still getting the best of me.

Y/n let out a long deep breath and walked over to the opposite side of the bed. Y/n then slowly got on the bed and pulled me into their arms.

"I missed you so much," I exhaled out of relief.

It felt good to be in Y/n's arms again.

"I missed you too," Y/n whispered.

I just wrapped my arms around them and held them as tightly as I could.

Y/n slowly laid on the bed, with me in their arms, and lightly kissed my forehead.

It felt like the most wonderful kiss I had ever been given.

With that kiss, I didn't feel sad anymore. I wasn't sad about grandma or anxious that Y/n would be taken from me again.

Everything felt just right.

"Y/n?" I lifted my head up to look at them.

Y/n wouldn't look at me though. They were purposely trying to avoid my eyes.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," Y/n coldly responded.

It didn't seem like Y/n understood what I meant. Out of my desire to show them, I cupped Y/n's face so they could face me and gently pressed my lips on their's.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-