XI

Narrator

Everyone was so excited about the sparklers Y/n had brought, but one person wasn't too happy about going out into the snow.

"Nuh uh!" Haerin kept refusing to step out of the house.

Haerin didn't really like the cold, but she was starting to feel a little jealous of how much fun everyone was having outside.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin wasn't budging when it came to going outside to play with everyone else.

It was understandable because she didn't really like the cold. I didn't at times too, but Haerin really couldn't stand it.

If you had to spend one of the worse days in your life freezing next to a beach, you probably wouldn't like the cold either.

"I promise, it's so worth it. Let's just put on as many layers as we can," I tried to encourage Haerin-ei.

Haerin cutely nodded and finally let me put her hood and jacket on.

"Okay! I think you're ready!" I said as I pulled up Haerin's zipper.

Haerin didn't look too convinced with my statement. Still, she looked so cute and cozy.

"Are you sure?" She asked me a bit skeptical

"I'm sure, but we won't know if we don't try!" I exclaimed as I put on a knitted sweater on top of my hoodie.

Whenever Haerin would get cold because of her trauma..... so did I..... So, I wasn't about to let trauma ruin my holidays. I wasn't about to remember that cold day at the beach and forget about the wonderful Christmas we were having.

I wasn't too proud of what I did next, but it felt necessary to get Haerin to come outside with everyone else.

"Okay, BYE!!" I quickly said and took off running to the back yard.

I could hear Haerin just screaming in the background and running after me.

"DON'T LEAVE MMEEEE!!!" Haerin began to cry.

"Nnnoooooo, don't do that!!!" Ms. Pham ran up to hit me.

"BOOOOO!!!!" Minji threw a snowball at me.

"NOOOOO!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" Haerin cried out the top of her lungs.

"BOOO, Y/N!! BOOO!!!" Danielle joined Minji with the snowballs.

I quickly turned to looked at Haerin rushing at me and picked her up. "I'm not leaving you!!" I giggled out.

"Yess, you were!!!" Haerin sniffled out.

"Oh C'mon! You're a big kid now. Can't be crying every time I walk away from you!" I chuckled out.

"Y/n," Ms. Pham suddenly cleared her throat and gave me a look.