XXVII

Narrator

Y/N had completely shut down and everyone was starting to get concern.

Minji was the only one who really knew what Y/n was going through. She was the one who understood the signs and knew what Y/n needed, but she knew she wasn't the person who could give that to them.

So, Minji did the only thing she could think of to at least help Y/n feel a little distracted from their emotions.

- Haerin POV -

I woke up to find Y/n in the same exact position they had been in since the night before.

Y/n sat stiffly on the sofa, watching old VHS tapes of us with grandma when we were kids.

"Do you want coffee?" I tried to ask.

I still got no response.

Hanni unnie and Dani looked at me a bit concern and I just shook my head. I had no idea how to even comfort Y/n at this point.

I couldn't comfort them the way they used to comfort me, because our relationship wasn't like that anymore. I didn't know how to comfort someone besides holding them in my arms, holding their hand, or healing them with kisses.

That's how Y/n used to comfort me as a kid,

But we weren't kids anymore.

- Minji POV -

I watched as everyone acted clueless on what to do to help Y/n feel better.

I didn't blame them for not even trying anything, Y/n seemed a little too gone to be able to comfort. They were in another head space.

Still, I couldn't just sit there and watch Y/n stare into the TV.

"Y/n?" I tried to get their attention.

"Haerin asked you something," I tried to see if Haerin's presence would get a response.

Still, I got nothing.

I looked at the girls for some help and they all just looked at me a bit hopelessly.

I took a deep breath and decided to get up from the dinner table, I walked over to Y/n and cupped their face.

Y/n's eyes were empty and a bit reddened. Almost like they were snow blind.

"Baby, I think you need to rest a little," I gently tried to shut Y/n's eyes.

Y/n just winced in pain a bit, but still gave me no response.

I knew Y/n was still out of it because they didn't even notice that I called them 'baby'.

"Come on. Let me help you," I pulled Y/n off the couch and guided them to their old bedroom. Surprisingly, Y/n just let me.

I laid Y/n on their bedroom and walked over to the kitchen to get a wrapped cold press.

"Is Y/n alright?" Haerin suddenly asked.

I was too focused on my task to give her an answer and returned to tend to Y/n.

I wrapped as many blankets as I could around Y/n's body and gently closed their eyes shut, placing the ice pack over Y/n's eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked in hopes that Y/n maybe felt even just a tiny bit better.

Y/n still didn't respond.

I took a deep breath and decided to just let Y/n rest, but just before I could leave the room....

Y/n said, "I miss her".

"I feel lost without her."

- Y/N POV -

"I know you miss her a lot. I'm sure she's in a better place now, looking over you," Minji politely replied.

It seemed that she had misunderstood me.

Truth was, I wasn't talking about grandma. Yes, I missed her too and I felt a lot lonelier without her, but she wasn't the reason I felt lost.

The reason was Haerin.

Without Grandma and without Haerin, I had no idea what to do with my life.

Haerin had always been by my side. She had been my priority my entire life. Haerin had been my only purpose in life. She was all I knew.

But now, she didn't need me.

I felt lost without her.

Still, I couldn't disturb Haerin's happy life so I could feel a sense of purpose. So, I seeked for guidance from my grandma.

But even after hours of talking to her, I still felt as lost as I had ever felt.

-

-

-

-

-

-