𝟎𝟎𝟗

❛𝟎𝟎𝟗❜

 𝟎𝟎𝟗

They were pretty miserable that night

They camped out in the woods, a hundred yards from the main road, in a marshy clearing that local kids had obviously been using for parties. The ground was littered with flattened soda cans and fast-food wrappers. They'd taken some food and blankets from Aunty Em's, but they didn't dare light a fire to dry their damp clothes. The Furies and Medusa had provided enough excitement for one day. They didn't want to attract anything else.

"Give it here," Juliet asked Grover and Percy for their jackets, the boys handed them over with confusion that soon cleared up when Juliet's palm glowed a golden hue. "I can't do much, I have limited photokynesis. enough to dry up some clothes so that we don't catch a cold."

Percy wanted to talk to her, but Juliet just ignored him as she gave him his dry jacket and turned to Annabeth, helping the girl warm up. They decided to sleep in shifts. Percy volunteered to take first watch. Annabeth curled up on the blankets and was snoring as soon as her head hit the ground. Grover fluttered with his flying shoes to the lowest bough of a tree, put his back to the trunk, and stared at the night sky.  

Juliet sat leaning by a trunk, her headphones pulgged in as she was playing around with her phone in her hand. Percy decided to approach her, he needed to make amends, and Grover was digging his reed pipes in his side to push him to the girl.

"Hey," Percy said, joining her by the side, her raybans were off showing her blue eyes as the met his. "Hey," She replied back.

"I just, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for all the stuff that happened, and I know you were trying to help me but I just-" He tried to explain to but Juliet cut him off a slight smile on her lips.

"Stop ranting, All you had to say was sorry." Percy zipped his mouth but gave her a thankful smile, one which she returned before sighing and staring up at the sky.

"Why do you wear the sunglasses?" Percy blurted out the question before he could stop himself.

"It's fashion statement, you wouldn't know," She smiled back sarcastically making him deadpan before she actually replied, "Dad gave them to me, after my last quest, After the siren attack I'd bled too much through my ears and eyes nearly loosing both my senses, My father fixed me up but he fixed me up too good, now I get sensory overload too quickly so too protect myself." she gestured to the earphones too as Percy nodded.