𝟎𝟎𝟐.𝟐

❛𝟎𝟎𝟐

❛𝟎𝟎𝟐.𝟐❜

❝𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩❞

Percy was staring at the waves when Juliet, Annabeth and Tyson found him

"What's going on?" Annabeth asked. "I heard you calling for help!"   

"Me, too!" Tyson said. "Heard you yell, 'Bad things are attacking!'"   

"I didn't call you guys," Percy said. "I'm fine."   

"But then who . . ." Annabeth noticed the four yellow duffel bags, then the thermos and the bottle of vitamins Percy was holding.  "What—"   

Juliet knew it had something to do with Hermes.

"Just listen," Percy said. "We don't have much time."   

He told them about his conversation with Hermes. By the time he was finished, they could hear screeching in the distance—patrol harpies picking up their scent.   

"Percy," Annabeth said, "we have to do the quest."   

"We'll get expelled, you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled."   

"So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to come back to."   

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron—"   

"I promised I'd keep you and Juliet from danger. I can only do that by coming with you! Tyson can stay behind and tell them—"

"I want to go," Tyson said.   

"No!" Annabeth's voice sounded close to panic. "I mean . . . Percy, come on. You know that's impossible."

Percy obviously did not want Tyson to join, but when his eyes met Juliet's who gave him a knowing look he sighed and spoke.

"We can't leave him," he decided. "Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy," Annabeth said, trying to keep her cool, "we're going to Polyphemus's island! Polyphemus is an S-i-k . . . a C-y-k . . ." She stamped her foot in frustration. As smart as she was, Annabeth was dyslexic, too. They could've been there all night while she tried to spell Cyclops. "You know what I mean!"