𝟎𝟎𝟑.𝟓

𝟎𝟎𝟑.𝟓

"What are they fighting about anyway?" Augustus asked, now looking at a fuming Percy glare at one of the Ares kid, while Juliet completely unknown to the anger continued softly scolding the kids

Annabeth ignored him while she scribbled on her inspection scroll, giving both cabins a one out of five.

Augustus then found himself staring at her, which was stupid since he'd seen her a billion times. She and him were about the same height this summer, which was a relief. Still, she seemed so much more mature. It was kind of intimidating. He had thought something had been there between them last summer, before Annabeth had told him he was somewhere down below and not even as worthwhile as Luke. Augustus was not a pushover, and despite Juliet trying to tell him to let it go because Annabeth's supposed fatal flaw was pride. 

But his entire life, Augustus had never been treated in any sense less than anyone, he'd been the number one kid in school, the number one kid in sports, the only child in his family, the sole heir to a multi billionaire business. He'd never been reduced to being something so worthless, that he got compared to a psychopathic murderer. He wasn't entitled, he was just merely confident in himself.

And worst of all, she hadn't even tried talking to him. She'd just got called him worthless, compared him to Luke and then up and left. And when he, the clear victim in the situation had gotten fed up and tried to move on, she'd gotten angry about it.

His entire life, Augustus had been big on communication, his family's fucking business was communication! He still remembered his mom coaxing him when he was young about how anything could be resolved with a good talk. But on the contrary Annabeth didn't communicate at all, she was one of those people who liked to pent stuff in before brashly exploding it out and hurting people around her, when he'd tried to help her communicate, she'd just lashed out. And he wasn't here to be her punching back. 

He wasn't Percy, he wasn't ready to give up everything and his own life like him for Juliet. He was a normal dude, who had a crush on a girl and the girl hurt him.

Finally Annabeth said, "That flying chariot."

"What?"

"You asked what they were fighting about."