𝟎𝟏𝟔

❛𝟎𝟏𝟔❜❝𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 (𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚)❞

❛𝟎𝟏𝟔❜
❝𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 (𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚)❞

"I told the cop that Ares was a cannibal and arsonist cult leader who kidnapped us to sacrifice us to the devil and we tried to run a way from him but he followed us back and was taking us to LA because that was where he had to perform the ritual

"I told the cop that Ares was a cannibal and arsonist cult leader who kidnapped us to sacrifice us to the devil and we tried to run a way from him but he followed us back and was taking us to LA because that was where he had to perform the ritual." Percy stared at Juliet for a second dumbfounded, "When i talked about the ritual Annabeth fake convulsed beside me and I told him that Grover slightly hobbling because Ares ate his feet."

There was a moment of silence before Percy burst out in laughter and looked at her in awe, "You are crazy Juliet Alexander."

Juliet just grinned as Percy chuckled beside her. Juliet had been briefing Percy about the whole situation before he was supposed to give his interviews.

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality. According to the L.A. news (who had heard Juliet's entire account and made it an even crazier story), the explosion at the Santa Monica beach had been caused when a crazy kidnapper fired a shotgun at a police car. He accidentally hit a gas main that had ruptured during the earthquake. This crazy kidnapper (a.k.a. Ares) was a rising devil cult leader and the same man who had abducted Percy and two other adolescents (Juliet was left out due to her mother) in New York and brought them across country on a ten-day odyssey of terror to sacrifice them to the devil.

Poor little Percy Jackson wasn't an international criminal after all.

He'd caused a commotion on that Greyhound bus in New Jersey trying to get away from his captor (and afterward, witnesses would even "swear they had seen the leather-clad man on the bus—"Why didn't I remember him before?").

The crazy man had caused the explosion in the St. Louis Arch. After all, no kid could've done that. A concerned waitress in Denver had seen the man threatening his abductees outside her diner, gotten a friend to take a photo, and notified the police. Finally, brave Percy Jackson (Juliet was beginning to like this kid) had stolen a gun from his captor in Los Angeles and battled him shotgun-to-rifle on the beach.