𝟎𝟏𝟏.𝟐

𝟎𝟏𝟏.𝟐

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to stab myself so we can end this miserable dinner." Juliet replied back to her mother as they all sat together for dinner. Cordelia Alexander was back and she was ready to irritate and antagonise Juliet to wits end. Currently her mother was looking over her in disgust while Juliet poked her food around with the fork, her appetite long gone.

After Thalia's sudden comeback to the world of living, the camp had been in an upheaval. Percy had lost his shit, and Juliet hadn't wanted to be separated from her best friend at all, clearly not when his prophecy was not his prophecy anymore and he was having an identity crisis.

Thalia, clueless to everything had been trying to adjust to her new normal, she kept asking questions about everything and asked about dead punk rock bands that Juliet really didn't want to talk about, while everyone around her had a mental breakdown.

And now, she was in her new house, with her mom, who had no regard for the major crisis Juliet was going through.

"Stop being a brat Juliet."

"Why are you back? We were doing just fine without you," Juliet clenched her jaw, struggling to maintain her composure. Her mother just brought out the worst version in her.

"The audacity you have-" Cordelia sneered most likely ready to call Juliet a disgrace when Adam interrupted her by slamming his glass on the table and snapping out, "Stop it guys! Really, can we have one dinner in peace?"

The room fell silent as Adam's stern voice resonated through the air. Both Juliet and Cordelia turned their attention to him, momentarily taken aback by his unexpected interruption.

"I've had enough of this bickering," Adam continued, his frustration evident. "Cordelia, you just got back, and we're supposed to be a family. Can we at least try to act like one?"

Cordelia huffed, shooting Juliet a disdainful look before reluctantly nodding. "Fine, let's have a civilized dinner then."

Juliet, still seething with anger, shot back, "Maybe if you weren't so overbearing, we could have a civilized dinner."