𝟎𝟎𝟗.𝟑

𝟎𝟎𝟗.𝟑

"Okay, so the bottom of the pedals, turns the nose will and the rudder

"Okay, so the bottom of the pedals, turns the nose will and the rudder."

"Got it."

"Now, smoothly put the nose on the horizon, we should be getting 80 miles per hour there." Juliet looked down at the speedometer, she couldn't believe she was actually doing this.

She'd asked Adam on Christmas right after she had seen Mr. Chase fly his sopwith, if he could teach her aviation. Her stepfather had been a little skeptical but he'd agreed in March and finally taken her out to get her registered for her student pilot license, now they were in Cessna 172 up in the sky with Juliet behind the pedal with Adam by her side.

Adam grinned at Juliet as she successfully adjusted the nose of the plane to the horizon. "You're a natural up here, Juliet. Flying suits you."

She felt a rush of excitement and accomplishment. Flying had always been a dream of hers, and now she was finally getting the chance to learn. The clear blue sky stretched out above them, and the feeling of being in control of the plane was exhilarating.

"Now, let's try a gentle turn to the right," Adam instructed. "Use the rudder and maintain a steady bank angle. Not too much, just enough to get a feel for it."

Juliet nodded, carefully applying pressure to the right pedal and gently turning the yoke. The plane responded smoothly, banking to the right as they started a turn. The landscape below shifted, and Juliet couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of the world from this vantage point.

"Good, good," Adam praised. "You're picking this up quickly. Hey is that your friend Augustus?"

"What? Where?" Juliet swerved the plane a little too harshly in panic. She had been avoiding Augustus previously, after what Poseidon said, she thought Augustus was Achilles. He came to her with a lyre, she was unusually compelled to always flirt with him and Poseidon said Achilles's soul bearer now looked like Patroclus, Augustus matched that description an awful lot.

She just couldn't believe Achilles had been reborn as a mortal.

Adam steadied the plane as Juliet swerved a bit. "Woah! Easy there, Juli. Your friend is at the runway. Wanna land now?"