...

ADRIEN P.O.V

"Marinette?" I say walking into the mansion, immediately I hear the sound of footsteps from the stairs and a very scared looking Marinette was coming down them.

"Adrien!" she says as she jumps into my arms and I could she had been crying.

Guilt fills me up as I lift her off her feet and hug her comfortingly.

"I was soo scared" she says, her voice shaky and I nod before saying "I know, I am sorry." 

A few minutes later, Marinette had calmed down and I take her to the living room, setting her down on the couch beside me.

I felt useless for having left her for soo long after the break-in, I had been furious and I didn't think of how scared Marinette would have been and left, after that I got caught up with Chloe and Mother.

"I am very sorry princess, it is going to be okay. I promise." I say to her and she nods.

"Who were they?" she questions a few minutes later.

I sigh before replying "I- we don't know who it is yet. We have our suspicions but we know that someone close to us, maybe in our teams of bodyguards or someone who works for us is involved and gave them information. We are interrogating the people who broke in while Luka, Chloe and Mum recover and-" I explain to her when Marinette interrupts me.

"What happened to them? are they okay?" She asks concerned.

"They broke in everywhere, they broke in at Chloe and Luka's they broke in at Mother and Father's and even in New York where Lila and Eli are.  Luka was poisoned, we lost him for a few minutes but he is okay now, Mum was shot on her left leg and Chloe.. Chloe miscarried."

"Are they okay? How is Chloe doing? Is she alright?  Does Luka's family know? Oh my Jules is going to be crushed!" She starts to worry and no, they do not know.

"No, but we have to tell them. Listen, I need you to come with me when you are ready. Till we have protection in this place you are coming with me okay? you can NOT go back home and-" I explain to her when she speaks up again.

"I can go live with Alya, her and Nino will be okay with me living with them." she pitches in, I agree with her and she goes upstairs to  call and inform them before packing a few things that she might need and to freshen up.

Back when Marinette first told me about a friend called Alya I had my suspicions and was then overjoyed to know that her friend Alya was the same Alya who married Nino.

I knew Alya and was best man at her wedding which as it turns out Marinette was supposed to be maid of honor at but couldn't since her father had locked her up.

Alya and Nino had been together for years now and I had known Nino since I was 13.

I was lost in thought when Marinette came back down, she was dressed in a red top with black polka dots, blue denim shorts and a black and white checked flannel on top and a white tote bag hanging from her shoulder and a small suitcase trailing behind her.

(Found this online and thought it was cute)

"All done princess?" I ask getting up from the couch before walking up to her and wrapping my arms around her.

She smiled adorably up at me as I booped her nose with mine which made her giggle, she then got on her tippy toes and connected our lips in a soft, calm and comforting kiss.

Shit, I was falling for her.

She slowly put her hands on my cheeks cupping them as I leaned down further to be able to kiss her better.

I had already fallen for her.

She slowly pulls away, smiling up at me before connecting our lips again for a short peck before I took the suitcase from her and followed her as we went out to the driveway.

Somehow, the drive was comforting despite all that was going on.

It was just Marinette and I, no one to bother us and nothing else mattered.

The silence and comfort of the car ride was short lived as I soon parked in front of Alya and Nino's place.

I get out of the car and go to Marinette's door, opening it for her before going to the back and opening the trunk to retrieve her suitcase.

"Do you need me to-" I start walking back to Marinette with the suitcase when she cuts me off with a finger to my lips.

I furrow my eyebrows when she speaks up again.

"Calm down, you are stressing and that is not what you need right now Adrien. Promise me you will not be worried about me." she says concerned before removing her finger from my lips.

I smile before saying "How can I not?" I set the suitcase down beside our feet before wrapping my arms around her waist and picking her up, she instinctively wrapped her legs around my waist before I pulled her into a kiss goodbye.

After a few reluctant goodbyes, Marinette left with her belongings leaving me to go back into the car and to everyone else.

The drive back, all I could think about was how scared Marinette looked. No matter how brave and strong she was, she wasn't scared for herself instead for me.

She asked me not to worry about her but she was worried about me and my safety.

And now, I can finally admit it to myself.

I have fallen truly madly deeply in love with Marinette.

==============================================================================

Sorry, short chapter and I haven't posted in a while but at least there is a load of Adrinette in this!

I honestly love this chapter soo much, it is very comforting after everything with Chloe.

I will try and post again soon but till then Buh bye! stay safe and take care of yourselves!