I - Fire

June 21st, 2015

ASDLGKSHDGKL IT'S THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE SEQUEL

OH MY GOD

Okay, so there is a little news. :') I have exams for the next three days. Then, I have a break for one day. THEN I'm gone for a whole ten days. I'm going on a camping trip with my best friend, Annaque. ^_^ I'll try to post the second chapter before that, but I won't be posting anything afterwards. But don't worry, I'll definitely be writing a bit while on my trip. ;)

Enjoy! ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One

Fire.

It's a funny thing, you know.

It can burn you, but it can also be the thing that saves you. It can keep you warm, or give you the light you need. But "Fight Fire With Fire" means that you always get burned.

However, the strange thing about fire, is that it always fades. It always goes back down to embers, the flame no longer existing.

Maybe that's why my pain went away. It felt like years, but it eventually faded. Because it was just like fire. It stayed and hurt me for a while, then stopped. And when I woke up, it was almost gone completely.

I didn't wake up suddenly, it was more gradual. There were many questions I had swimming in my mind. Where am I right now? Why am I unconscious? Why am I in so much pain? However, there was one question that went above them all: What the hell happened?

Then I remembered. Finn. That little jackass shot me. I also remembered that the last thing I saw was Murphy, and after that, I gladly accepted that I was going to die. I can't help but wonder why he had helped me move past the fact that I wasn't going to stay alive...

And yet, here I am. My eyes are fluttering open, and the pain I had previously felt was long gone.

"You're awake," I heard Dr. Griffin say, and I blinked wildly before raising my hand over my eyes, blocking out the bright light.

She stood at the other side of the room, and seemed to be washing a cloth.

I glanced down at myself to see my wound covered in multiple layers of gauze. I also realized that I wasn't wearing a shirt. Just the bra that I had on before. Then again, my only shirt was most likely soaked in blood.

"How did I get here?" I mumbled, slowly sitting up. The pain was mostly gone, but I still felt extremely weak and tired. Luckily for me, I was very tolerant when it came to pain, but taking a bullet straight through my shoulder hurt like hell.

Dr. Griffin finished washing the cloth, then rinsed her hands in the bucket of water next to the one she was washing the fabric in. She walked over to me, pulling up a chair and inspecting my shoulder closely. She began to peel off the bloody gauze as she spoke. "John Murphy carried you here," I couldn't help the small smile that came onto my face at that sentence. "The others were so worried that they ran through the whole night, and they didn't stop until they got here."

My eyes widened. "We were almost half a day's walk from the camp. How long did it take them?"

"Seven hours," she said, after taking a moment to estimate the time it took.

"They ran here for seven hours? How did Murphy carry me that long?"

She smiled softly. "I don't have an answer for that. He was exhausted when he got here, but he refused to sleep until I fixed the artery and stitched you up. He hasn't even left the room since then."