X - Double Shot

July 17th, 2015

Hiya. :D So the song for this chapter is "Runnin" by Adam Lambert. Just cause' I'm addicted to it. Again. :')

Anyway, enjoy! And I will warn you...

The feels are strong with this one. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten 

I had taken Murphy's place at the cart a while ago. Emori was right behind me, and Jake was beside me on the other side of the cart. Murphy was at the making sure that nothing came out.

I had spoken to Emori a couple times, but not very much.

Suddenly, a man came from around a sand dune. He was on a horse, and was holding a strange kind of gun that looked like it shot a missile. He was shouting at us, and the guards immediately told the Jaha to get down.

Everyone went down on the ground, but Jaha stayed up. "Hold your fire!" He yelled.

Not a second later, I felt a cold blade pressed against my neck. I was yanked backwards, and Murphy started shouting angrily. "Emori, what the hell?!"

Ah. So Emori was the one.

I stared at the rest of my people, and my eyes met Jakob's for a split second. His smile and humorous expression were gone... He looked angry and... Well, deadly.

From behind me, I heard Emori speaking. "Everybody put your weapons and supplies in the cart, and nobody gets hurt!" Of course she says this when she's digging a blade into my neck.

"If we give you our supplies, we'll die out here!" Jaha shouted.

"If you don't, you die right here," Emori said, the knife being pressed into my skin even more than before. I could feel my skin being split, and felt blood slowly trickling from where I was now cut.

When Jaha saw the blood, he made up his mind. "Everyone do as she says!"

"How's your faith holdin' up, chancellor?" Murphy growled out as he tossed a knife into the cart.

"Unwavering," Jaha replied, as his eyes didn't leave me. He began to move forwards. "You don't wanna do this," he told her.

"Stop walking!" She yelled, and the knife was almost pressed into the cut, making pain sear in my neck.

"Son of a bitch!" I whispered.

"Shut up," she hissed in my ear, then Jaha continued.

"We all came out here searching for a better life, same as you. Maybe we can find it if we work together!"

Emori sounded unsure. "Thanks... But no." She wanted to accept. But she couldn't. I didn't know why. "Now everyone back away from the cart and get on your knees!" She shouted. "NOW!"

Everyone obeyed, and she put me on my knees as she dug the knife into my throat. She wanted to kill me, I could see it in her eyes. But she resisted. She leaned forwards, whispering in my ear, "Due North." She pressed the knife into my neck, and I knew that she had decided to slice my throat right there. I didn't know why she had told me when she was planning on killing me, but I was in no position to question her actions.

Not a second later, a gunshot sounded in the air. My eyes widened when I saw blood begin to soak Emori's shirt, on the fabric above her shoulder. A shocked look showed in her eyes, and she suddenly fell forwards. I moved out of the way so that she wouldn't land on me, and stared down at her in horror.