V - Spacewalker

July 5th, 2015

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACK. :)

So. I wrote A LOT of the story. I wrote six chapters while I was away. :')

Anyway, I gotta go, so no long Author's Note. Bye. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Five

Neither of us went to sleep that night. No one did except for the children that didn't see what happened. Murphy and I stayed up, and just... Talked. We kept each other distracted. But, nothing could have prepared us for the aftermath of Finn's death.

Clarke was panicking. We saw her as she walked to the tent while Abby and Kane followed behind her. I wasn't sure about the two of them going with her to the grounder's, but I didn't say anything about it.

So many people were going to miss him. They wanted him dead, they wanted him to give himself up to the grounder's. But, even so, what had happened was not something that they wanted.

"Murphy," I said his name as he continued to draw in the dirt with a stick he had found.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think we should go with them? You know... To say goodbye?" I asked, not sure of what he would say.

We had heard Bellamy and Octavia talking. They grounder's wanted to take Finn back to the village he massacred, and burn his body like they did with the victims.

He sighed, dropping the stick into the ground. "Do you want to go?"

"Yes," I whispered, glancing down at the ground.

"Okay," he said, standing up. "We'll go." He held out his hand to me, and I smiled softly at him before taking it while he pulled me up.

We asked Clarke if we could come, and Abby answered for her when Clarke glared at Murphy. Clarke was unpredictable, so we truly didn't know what would happen with her. She said that she also wanted Bellamy, Lincoln, and Octavia to come too. Kane, of course, was right behind her. He seemed to follow her everywhere these days.

We stopped to rest for the night, and Abby took a look at the bullet wound on my chest. She just wanted to make sure that the stitches were in. "I'll take them out in a couple days," she told me.

I put the jacket back on, then stretched out a blanket on the ground and laid down. Murphy laid down beside me, a comfortable distance away, about a foot.

"Are you gonna miss him?" I asked, laying on my back and staring up at the stars while he did the same.

He nodded. "Yeah. Strangely, I am."

"Why strangely?"

"Well, he wasn't exactly happy when he found Raven and I at the drop ship. Remember when he tried to convince the guards that I should be cuffed instead of Bellamy?" He looked over at me.

I nodded in reply.

He sighed softly. "Well, I'm pretty sure that means he hated me."

"I don't think he hated you."

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "You don't?"

I nodded again. "He cared enough to listen to you when you told him to stop at the village."

He sighed, shaking his head. "And then he killed eighteen people," he whispered, wary of the grounder's that were standing less than twenty feet away from us.

I smiled softly. "He didn't hate you, Murphy. It's as simple as that."

*

We reached the village late the next morning. They made sure that we got rid of our weapons at the entrance, they were obviously very cautious around us now. I gave up my rifle and two knives, while Murphy gave up his pistol and three knives, one of which he had hidden in his shoe. He was very reluctant to give them up, but frankly, I was too.

The look on Raven's face as the grounder quite literally took her weapons away was terrifying. She looked like she wanted to kill him. No one could blame her... But I didn't think it was a good idea to bring her here. If she tried anything, then the truce was over. And we would go back to killing each other. But at the same time, she needed to say goodbye. Just like Clarke.

We walked forwards, and the grounder's seemed very happy to see the commander. Unfortunately, when they saw us, they weren't as welcoming. One man went as far as standing in front of the commander, saying words that I didn't know in their language, which I had now learned was called "Trigedasleng". The commander's friend, who I was pretty sure was named Gustus, went forwards and punched him across the face. He continued the assault, and I saw Clarke run forwards to whisper to the commander. A moment later, the commander told Gustus to stop, and the man was dragged away.

Lexa moved forwards, turning to face us. "The sky people march with us now. Anyone who tries to stop that," she stared at her people specifically. "will pay with their life."

"Warm welcome," Bellamy sighed as we made our way forwards.

Finn's body was wrapped in a large yellow blanket, and tied at the neck, feet, and criss crossed on his torso. He was laid on a bed of wood. They were going to cremate him.

The commander said some words to her people, which Lincoln translated for us. "People of Tondc, in fire, we cleanse the pain of the past," he whispered.

Lexa lifted a torch into the air, then froze. She looked over, saying Clarke's name as whispers erupted in the crowd around us. Clarke slowly moved forwards, taking the torch and stepping onto the platform that Lexa had been standing on.

Clarke stayed frozen for a moment, then suddenly looked over. She looked down beside her, a confused and pained expression coming onto her face. A second later, she looked back at Finn's body, slowly moving the flames over the wood. It caught fire, and that was when she said it.

"Yu gonplei ste odon."

Your fight is over.

The grounder's, including Lexa, seemed stunned that she said it.

As his body slowly caught fire, I bit my lip and swallowed. "Goodbye, Spacewalker." I whispered, as Murphy held my hand even tighter than before.

The feast, known as a kindo alliance starter. It was the beginning of the truce.

Kane stood across the table, looking at Lexa. He seemed happy with this alliance, judging by the smile on his face. "Please, accept this gift, commander," he said, pulling out a large sized bottle wrapped in yellow fabric. "We drink this at special occasions. I believe this qualifies." He handed the bottle to Gustus, who in turn gave it to Lexa. She inspected it for a moment, then looked up.

"Thank you, Marcus of the Sky People," she said.

"Your welcome, Lexa," he said something in their language. "Just, don't drink too much of it."

Lexa nodded, then looked over at Clarke. "Clarke, let us drink together."

"It would be my pleasure," she replied, no emotion in her voice at all.

A grounder came up behind Lexa and Gustus, handing Gustus two metal cups, who then set them on the table. Lexa poured the drink into both cups, and handed one of them to Clarke.

Gustus said her title in his language, then held his hand out. "Allow me," he said, and Lexa gave him the cup. He took a drink from it, then handed it back to Lexa.

He was testing it. He wanted to make sure it wasn't poisoned.

"Tonight, we celebrate our new found peace. Tomorrow, we plan our war," Lexa held the cup up in the air, making a toast. "To those we have lost, and to those we shall soon find."

Right at that moment, Gustus fell forwards against the table, and all hell broke loose.