VIII - What About Her?

July 11th, 2015

:) So, this is a pivotal time in the story.

By the way, I wanted to ask you guys, what do you think I should do with the story? I have two choices. I can try and update a little slower until the season starts up again. Or, I can drag it out and put a little more detail into Venus and Murphy's relationship before the season actually starts again. Which one do you guys want?

The song for this chapter is "I Know Places" by Taylor Swift. :D Definitely a Venurphy song. Unfortunately, there isn't an actual link on Youtube for the song. So, I have a link for it here: https://vimeo.com/120321929 I'm sorry that I posted it right in the story, but I can't add external links anymore. :( I'm sorry. Plus, I can't put Vimeo links in through Wattpad, only Youtube. So, meh. That's the best you're gonna get. Sorry again. :/

Anyway, I hope to hear your guys' ideas on what I should do with the book. :) 

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight

"God, I hate this place," I said, looking down at the remaining charred bodies. "So many... Memories here."

"Yeah," he muttered. "And none of them are good."

I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. "That's not completely true."

He raised a brow at me. "Which ones aren't bad?"

I smiled at him, not answering him, then walked over to Jaha. "Are you almost done?" I asked him. "We should head back soon."

Jaha seemed broken up. "How well did you know him?" he asked, looking directly at Murphy.

"Well enough to be hung for his murder."

Jaha seemed stunned, and I rolled my eyes. "I bet Clarke didn't even tell him what happened," I said to Murphy.

He smirked, shaking his head as Jaha stood up.

"What happened to my son?" he asked us.

Murphy stayed quiet for a moment, then answered him. "A twelve year old girl stabbed him in the neck with a knife she took from me."

"Why would she do that?"

I sighed. "Because she couldn't kill you."

When he saw the shocked and pained look on Jaha's face, Murphy sighed. "Yeah. So, you've got a lot of blood on your hands, Chancellor. Every single one of them, including your son, would still be alive if you hadn't sent us down here," Murphy was angry. He blamed Jaha. And frankly, so did I.

"If I didn't send you, they would have died on the Ark with the rest of us. And we would never have known that the Earth was survivable. Their sacrifice is why we are here. Good can come out of even the darkest acts, John."

Murphy didn't believe a word he said, and Jaha knew it.

He turned, seeming defeated. He walked over to the drop ship, and Murphy sighed exasperatedly, pointing to his right. "Camp You is that way," he called after Jaha.

"We'll rest at the drop ship for a while," he shouted back.

I sighed, and Murphy rolled his eyes. "Suit yourself," he muttered, then gestured for me to go first.

We got into the drop ship soon afterwards, and I laid down on the ground beside Murphy, who was sitting up against the wall. I was turned away from them both, and was almost asleep, when their voices woke me up a little.